The Positive Negative Man Emmapeeler

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Fiona's wearing a retail one with a different zip so there's no guarantee it was the same jersey material as the ones Diana wore anyway. I think Diana's were fleecier and darker.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

That's disappointing! I haven't got the AR episode to check if they were passing it off as an original. Seems pointless her holding the photo if it's just to say "here's what you could've won" ;)
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Frankymole wrote:That's disappointing! I haven't got the AR episode to check if they were passing it off as an original. Seems pointless her holding the photo if it's just to say "here's what you could've won" ;)
As far as I'm aware it's stated in the AR episode that the Emmapeeler Fiona Bruce is wearing is an original Diana Rigg screen worn suit, all be it with a replacement zip as the original broke.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Avengerholic wrote:That said I've just looked at wethis, and compared to the fabric in the background which is purple the trim on the catsuit looks blue :?

so what color do some of us prefer ? myself, it's all good...but if I had to make a choice, it would be NAVY.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Oh, thanks for clarifying that it was a repaired suit on AR.

My blurays have much brighter colours that your capture, franky. It should be like this:

So definitely blue and not navy, which makes it a bit irrelevant for the initial discussion... but I would still go for navy as the colour-corrected blurays have it as navy.

Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

That blue suit is 100% made of crimplene, It's no longer available.
Ooooh, looking at those screen captures I'm more convinced now that the orange suit is trimmed with a more purple than blue fabric.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote:Oh, thanks for clarifying that it was a repaired suit on AR.

My blurays have much brighter colours that your capture, franky. It should be like this:
It's not my capture though, just "found on web" through a search, probably from some news article on the Antiques Roadshow find. There are probably better ones of Fiona Bruce on her own in the Emmapeeler, too, but I wanted one of her together with the suit in the series, as I'm lazy :)
Last watched: "The Charmers"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:

It's not my capture though, just "found on web" through a search, probably from some news article on the Antiques Roadshow find. There are probably better ones of Fiona Bruce on her own in the Emmapeeler, too, but I wanted one of her together with the suit in the series, as I'm lazy :)
lord knows where items like this, would turn up....it would be interesting to know how many original pieces / props still exist.....and how many have been re created.....
J.Mac3
Little Wonder

Post by J.Mac3 »

mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:

lord knows where items like this, would turn up....it would be interesting to know how many original pieces / props still exist.....and how many have been re created.....
I couldn't agree more. Watching the episodes, I often wonder how many props from Steed's and Emma's flats still exist.

So here's question to the forum. . . if you could own any single prop from the show, what would it be? I would be ecstatic to own the ornate doorbell labeled with "Emma "Peel." It's not the plain, commercial one in the early B&W episodes but the later one that's larger and ornate. . . can't think of the episodes offhand that feature it but I'd gladly own it!
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Well the original ZZ von Znerk Emma Peel clapperboard, Steed's red priority pass, winged avenger head, emma's living dead boots and emma's honey for the prince dress all exist for sure. Many of steeds bowlers and suits have surfaced too.

As for reproductions there are quite a few.