Episodes You Never Really Took Too.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Over the years quite a few people on here have considered season 5 to be the weakest Avengers season. Not me! While I agree there isn't as much variety in season 5 as the seasons either side of it, I still find it great fun and hugely entertaining. I'd put it 2nd after season 4. I actually think season 4 is the best season of any TV series. Even the weaker ones in season 4 are minor classics! :)
Lee
Little Wonder

Post by Lee »

Series 2 - Immortal Clay, Killer Whale (Both a bit slow)

Series 3 - The Grandeur That was Rome

Series 4 - The Girl From Auntie

Series 5 - The Fear Merchants, The Superlative 7, Epic,

Series 6 - Invasion of the Earthmen, Have guns ... Will Haggle, Homicide and Old Lace,

I'm sure there are others - those are the ones which spring to mind.
You really must have a word with that cleaning lady....
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

cyberrich wrote:Over the years quite a few people on here have considered season 5 to be the weakest Avengers season. Not me! While I agree there isn't as much variety in season 5 as the seasons either side of it, I still find it great fun and hugely entertaining. I'd put it 2nd after season 4. I actually think season 4 is the best season of any TV series. Even the weaker ones in season 4 are minor classics! :)
I would have to agree about season 4. what's not to like about it ? the series was hitting on all cylinders..in my opinion....season 5, ain't too shabby ,either...maybe not quite as good as #4, but still interesting
Brugeoise
Thingumajig

Post by Brugeoise »

My selection:

Season 2: the Venus Smith ones
Season 3: Death of a Batman, The Grandeur that was Rome
Season 4: Too Many Christmas Trees, The Thirteenth Hole, Silent Dust, Quick-Quick Slow Death (I used to really like this one, perhaps I just grew a bit tired after watching it over so many times)
Season 5: The Living Dead, Mission...Highly Improbable
Season 6: Noon Doomsday, Legacy of Death, Pandora, Bizarre