Quintessential poll - series 5 the Peel colour episodes

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.

Quintessential poll - series 5 the Peel colour episodes

From Venus with Love
14%
The Fear Merchants
No votes
Escape in Time
10%
The See-Through Man
No votes
The Bird Who Knew Too Much
No votes
The Winged Avenger
No votes
The Living Dead
No votes
The Hidden Tiger
29%
The Correct Way to Kill
5%
Epic
5%
The Superlative Seven
No votes
A Funny Thing Happend on the Way to the Sation
10%
Something Nasty in the Nursery
No votes
The Joker
5%
Who's Who???
No votes
Return of the Cybernauts
No votes
Death's Door
No votes
The £50,000 Breakfast
No votes
Dead Man's Treasure
10%
You Have Just Been Murdered
5%
The Positive Negative Man
No votes
Murdersville
10%
Mission... Highly Improbable
No votes
The Forget-Me-Knot
No votes

Total votes: 21

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:I chose The Hidden Tiger but Escape in Time would have done equally well at representing series 5.
I need to watch ' hidden Tiger ' (again) and maybe re think my choice..
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I thought about this for two days and came to the conclusion that You Have Just Been Murdered looks like most typical one. Mysterious circumstances, a series of deaths of persons to one belonging - rich people, Emma Peel is captured, fight at the end of the episode, etc.
Initially, I wanted to opt for The Hidden Tiger, but capturing Steed is not typical and there is no final fight.
Denis
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Results from the same poll on facebook:

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Murdersville, really? Aside from having an unusually large amount of location footage, it features Emma being dumber than perhaps in any other episode.

She and Steed are also separated longer than usual, more like a Tara-era double-banked episode.

So maybe I should vote for Fog or All Done with Mirrors in the Tara season poll, after all...
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Murdersville? I'm surprised too. It's a good episode, but frankly, aside from lame logic, it lacks intrigue unlike most other episodes of the Emma Peel series.
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Murdersville? I'm surprised too. It's a good episode, but frankly, aside from lame logic, it lacks intrigue unlike most other episodes of the Emma Peel series.
love the input from Franky and Denis, concerning my selection of murdersville..and I found the facebook poll results, interesting..and I still stand by my selection....lol
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

Oooh I've been away too long. This is a nice poll. It was a tough choice. Correct Way To Kill was not my favorite or what I thought was the best. But it does best exemplify the spoof nature that Brian Clemens pushed for. My other choice would have been Who's Who

I find it interesting that the forum heavily went with Philip Levene over Brian Clemens but the Facebook poll was more evenly divided
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

frank wrote:Oooh I've been away too long. This is a nice poll. It was a tough choice. Correct Way To Kill was not my favorite or what I thought was the best. But it does best exemplify the spoof nature that Brian Clemens pushed for. My other choice would have been Who's Who

I find it interesting that the forum heavily went with Philip Levene over Brian Clemens but the Facebook poll was more evenly divided

arghhhhhh, facebook...you know ? jaded, indeed
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

frank wrote:Oooh I've been away too long. This is a nice poll. It was a tough choice. Correct Way To Kill was not my favorite or what I thought was the best. But it does best exemplify the spoof nature that Brian Clemens pushed for. My other choice would have been Who's Who

Welcome back! The Correct Way to Kill is great fun. Having Michael Gough, Terence Alexander, and Peter Barkworth as villains - plus Philip Madoc as a sinister Eastern bloc spy - makes it feel VERY definitive indeed.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"