Imprint Films: The Avengers - The Tara King Collection coming Nov. 29

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

AgentCooper
Nutshell

Re: Imprint Films: The Avengers - The Tara King Collection coming Nov. 29

Post by AgentCooper »

I own the Emma Peel Collection set and absolutely love it. I still haven't made it through all the extra features, audio commentaries, 50th anniversary footage, and so on. I'm in the US and don't have a multi-region player, so these Imprint releases are manna from heaven for me. And bonus features aside, I am still amazed at home striking the entire show looks on blu-ray; I know it sounds corny, but it's a bit like seeing again for the first time, it just looks so damn good, and the packaging is lovely. I don't have a bad thing to say about it, honestly; it sort of feels like the definitive release to me, unless I suppose it gets a 4K remaster at some point (but I have to admit, I struggle sometimes to see the difference in terms of 4K vs. HD blu-ray).
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

dissolute wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:53 am Alan wasn't happy with the re-encoding of the Emma Peel set but I don't know if it was his player or the discs themselves as I don't have the set.
On a few of the monochrome episodes the video was out of sync with the audio during the opening credits.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I can probably live with that if it's only on the credits. I have multiple previous releases anyway.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

The audio commentary for All Done With Mirrors was faulty in the Complete Avengers DVD set from Australia. I’m assuming we will have it right for this new Bluray set.
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

I received an email yesterday from Post Australia saying that might order had been dispatched :D
Paul
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Me too! Tara and Emma bundle. Email from Via Vision, and another from Australia Post.

I might see it in about 2 months, then! :)
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

I just received an email stating it’s on the way. Hooray! I’m anxious to see all the new extras. It’s gonna be great, I just feel it.
AgentCooper
Nutshell

Post by AgentCooper »

MRotten wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:44 pm I just received an email stating it’s on the way. Hooray! I’m anxious to see all the new extras. It’s gonna be great, I just feel it.
Ditto. I’m weirdly maybe even more excited about this set than the Emma one given the volume of fresh extras on this one.
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

I agree 100%. It really looks like a lot of effort has been put into giving us fans exciting new extras. The accompanying booklet I trust will rightfully give the final season of The Avengers the praise it so richly deserves.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

MRotten wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:52 am The accompanying booklet I trust will rightfully give the final season of The Avengers the praise it so richly deserves.
Hear hear.

I got a Royal Mail (UK) update: "We’ve been notified that a parcel has been posted to you from Via Vision Kensington in Australia. We’ll let you know when it’s in the UK and Royal Mail has it for delivery." It's probably coming by surface mail so will take 6 weeks or more so I won't hold my breath. But nice to know they're tracking it.