The Official 2009 Avengers Calendar

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

They're all stills or publicity shots, none of them are screencaps.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Allard wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've got to get myself one as well. I love them, particularly the little facts on some of the days.
Yes but it's the same facts every year over again.

And, hopefully Diana Rigg's birth year will be correct too - for a few years it had her born in 1932 instead of 1938.
This year it was corrected I hasten to add and I am not really criticising Jaz - you do a bloody great job!
And, yes I will be buying my 2 copies - one to use and one for my archives :D
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Just to let you know that at play.com you can buy the calendar for a fiver including postage! It's a bargain! It's due to be released October 1st!
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Allard wrote:And next year Cathy Gale on the cover!
AMEN to that!!!

I love the look of the calendar, I'd love to buy it. Thing is, I don't have credit card, so I can't order off Amazon :(
jaz
Winged Avenger

Screengrabs in the calendar

Post by jaz »

Just to clarify that we've NEVER used screengrabs in the calendar. There are still hundreds of photos that we've not used in the calendar.

As for Honor Blackman on the cover - never say never, I'm always unearthing new images from various sources and if one turns up that is suitable I'll be asking if we can use it.

Thanks for all the positive and negative feedback - I always report back to the publishers what is being said. One lady wrote to them complaining she didn't like the layout of the dates section in the 2008 so I changed it (and guess what the designer who's done The Prisoner and Wicker Man calendars this year has copied it so I wonder if fans of these two are as vocal!)
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Allard wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've got to get myself one as well. I love them, particularly the little facts on some of the days.
Yes I understand what you're saying. I shall have to try and get some more facts into next years.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

There's no pleasing some folk, is there? I am just chuffed to have an Avengers calendar and one which is so well done! Wonder if mine have been despatched from play.com yet?
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I've bought every calendar since 1998, but for some reason I didn't bother for 3 years on the trot from 2004-06. Does anyone know where I could by these?
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

jaz wrote:
Allard wrote:
Yes I understand what you're saying. I shall have to try and get some more facts into next years.

This wasn't meant in a negative way really. I'm just the tiniest bit frustated that the date numbers are always so small. I have to creep up within inches of the calendar to read the date number, when I want to be able to read them from across the room. Sorry I was taking it out on the trivia. I love the Avengers calendar with it's treasury of images every year.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

jaz wrote:
Allard wrote:
I think they are available on ebay:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... +calendars

and here:

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=The+ ... ucts&hl=en