Rachael Stirling as Emma Peel

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I would agree with you that just because an Avengers actor has a child it isn't a sole reason for 'junior' to take over their primary role.

I wouldn't cast Rupert Macnee as John Steed, for example, and Trevor Thorson would make a rubbish Tara King! ;)
I don't know that Jamie Lumley could pull off a Purdey bob, either. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I would agree with you that just because an Avengers actor has a child it isn't a sole reason for 'junior' to take over their primary role.

I wouldn't cast Rupert Macnee as John Steed, for example, and Trevor Thorson would make a rubbish Tara King! ;)
some interesting input on what might be....? I think the show, is a dead issue. a product of it's era. I really cannot picture the show coming back
on a network, or maybe HBO, etc..the movie, certainly proved, you can't catch lighting inna bottle, and everyone from critics to fans, end up flogging a dead horse....

Emma's kid, might be interesting...But she'll probably elect NO-WAY !
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

"Rachael Stirling: ‘I swear a lot and I like cake. I’m not a diva’"

http://tinyurl.com/c3gba3
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Ah, good. It sounds like this might be from the same interview as the previous one (references to Simba and Scrappy Doo), unless she repeated it to another journalist.

I wonder how she would have been as Vesper Lynd? Perhaps they should consider her again when they remake On Her Majesty's Secret Service!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

DiVicenzo wrote:"Rachael Stirling: ‘I swear a lot and I like cake. I’m not a diva’"

I like cake, too! :wink:

Thanks for linking that, Barry. Rachael sounds like good fun. Anyone who likens heself to cartoon characters is okay by me. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
skintp
Nutshell

Post by skintp »

I doubt if Rachael has the time for any of this right now. According to Friday's TV listings she has another .... AGENDER to be getting on with!!!!! :lol:
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

helenofirvine wrote:I vote for Philippa.... (as Emma Peel) ;)
*giggles*
I doubt I'd look good in a catsuit though..
TheDeeMan
Thingumajig

Post by TheDeeMan »

mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

some interesting input on what might be....? I think the show, is a dead issue. a product of it's era. I really cannot picture the show coming back
on a network, or maybe HBO, etc..the movie, certainly proved, you can't catch lighting inna bottle, and everyone from critics to fans, end up flogging a dead horse....

Emma's kid, might be interesting...But she'll probably elect NO-WAY !
I think it can be done. On tv or in the movies. I get my "what if" Avengers fix nowadays from a spy series we have here in amercia called "Burn Notice". It's a sexy spy series about a spy named Michael Weston who gets "burned" and cast out of the agency he works for and uses his skills to help others while trying to find out why he was burned and by whom. The relationship between Michael and his trigger happy former IRA on again/off again girlffriend Fiona Glenanne will have you thinking to yourself that yeah, with the right people writing/producing it, an Avengers movie or updated series can be done.

It all starts with the story. The actors come second. We've seen the result of it done the other way round.

Dee
It's like The Avengers, mixed with Sherlock Holmes, and a dash of James Bond for Flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php
TheDeeMan
Thingumajig

Post by TheDeeMan »

PBS just showed "Still Crazy". Rachael is really cute. :)

Dee
It's like The Avengers, mixed with Sherlock Holmes, and a dash of James Bond for Flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:"Rachael Stirling: ‘I swear a lot and I like cake. I’m not a diva’"

I like cake, too! :wink:

Thanks for linking that, Barry. Rachael sounds like good fun. Anyone who likens heself to cartoon characters is okay by me. :D
"Rachael loves her size 10 curves and insists the skinny actress syndrome will never claim her as a victim. ‘I eat healthily, I do ballet and exercise and I’m toned and tight but I take up space and I don’t aspire to anorexia. I’m a real feminine girl, I’ve got t*ts and an a*se and a waist,’ she says. ‘Femininity is hips and bosoms, it always has been. The pressure being put on us is by ourselves. Men see an image of a curvy girl and say, “I’d have her,” whereas women see the same image and say, “She likes her cake.’’ It’s hypocrisy and it’s imposed on us by women. It takes a bit more thought to dress if you’ve got t*ts and a butt but it’s really boring to self-flagellate. All our great movie stars look like women.’"

HOORAY!!

(Tara King would be proud, too :X)
Last watched: "The Charmers"