"Diana Rigg won't talk about The Avengers"

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

When the chat wrapped up the interviewer said "and what are you looking forward to in the future" to which Diana replied with a look to the audience " A knee operation" I hope it's a very minor one.
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Oh, I hope it's a very minor one, too.
I hope too, that everything goes well...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Found a clip from the whole V&A conversation!
The quality isn't the best, but very enjoyable to listen to.
http://soundcloud.com/geekgirl/dame-dia ... k-v-a-10th

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

pauljwyatt wrote:When the chat wrapped up the interviewer said "and what are you looking forward to in the future" to which Diana replied with a look to the audience " A knee operation" I hope it's a very minor one.

Diana's 'black' humour....lol
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

mousemeat wrote: Diana's 'black' humour....lol
As I could notice in all her conversations/interview, everybody had fun was laughing.
So she seems to crack very good jokes! :mrgreen:
Some of them I could understand, and I must laugh, too...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote: As to the makeup - yes, studio lights and the quality of film in the cameras of the time were somewhat of a "blunt instrument", and 1960s fashions and colours demanded loads of "slap". She certainly didn't need any artificial "enhancement", her natural beauty is obvious to every viewer of the show, both then and now, so she has no need to be worried on that score.
I wonder if they might have thought Diana looked too young for Patrick and they wanted to make her look older. She was 13 years younger than Honor and 10 years younger than Moira Redmond (who Brian Clemens was "leaning towards" instead of Diana at the audition stage).

It could account for the more mature look she had in her earliest episodes - longer skirts, more 'Cathy' hairstyle, the fur etc.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Frankymole wrote: As to the makeup - yes, studio lights and the quality of film in the cameras of the time were somewhat of a "blunt instrument", and 1960s fashions and colours demanded loads of "slap". She certainly didn't need any artificial "enhancement", her natural beauty is obvious to every viewer of the show, both then and now, so she has no need to be worried on that score.
I wonder if they might have thought Diana looked too young for Patrick and they wanted to make her look older. She was 13 years younger than Honor and 10 years younger than Moira Redmond (who Brian Clemens was "leaning towards" instead of Diana at the audition stage).

It could account for the more mature look she had in her earliest episodes - longer skirts, more 'Cathy' hairstyle, the fur etc.
Yeah, I think so, too.
I wonder, why they made her look like Cathy sometimes...
Because there, indeed some similarities between them in the early episode of season 4.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:

I'd never thought of that. She was only around 26/27 when she was cast, which made her younger than both Honor and Ian. They may have wanted to make her out as older/more mature, much the way that they wanted Alexandra Bastedo to play much older in The Champions because Sharron was supposed to be a doctor. Some of it I think is unarguably down to an adjustment period between characters, where they didn't quite know who Emma Peel was going to be, so they went with what they already knew and did her up to look like Cathy, and wrote her like Cathy in some instances as well--the scene where she and Steed argue in The Murder Market is pure Cathy, and quite jarring when you go back and watch it after having seen season 5. As the series progressed, they got more of a feel for what she was like, and she starts to shed the suits for the John Bates outfits. I admit to having a soft spot for early Emma, though--Diana looks so lovely, and I like her suits. In my mind, I always think of her as still quite embroiled in the business side of Knight Industries, and as she starts spending more time working with Steed, she drifts away from that look.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: I admit to having a soft spot for early Emma, though--Diana looks so lovely, and I like her suits. In my mind, I always think of her as still quite embroiled in the business side of Knight Industries, and as she starts spending more time working with Steed, she drifts away from that look.
Indeed. Sometimes she looks like she just come away from a Knight Industries meeting in her earliest episodes.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: I admit to having a soft spot for early Emma, though--Diana looks so lovely, and I like her suits. In my mind, I always think of her as still quite embroiled in the business side of Knight Industries, and as she starts spending more time working with Steed, she drifts away from that look.
Indeed. Sometimes she looks like she just come away from a Knight Industries meeting in her earliest episodes.
That's always how it looks to me, too. You can imagine her trying to keep a hand in both for awhile, and then finally stepping away more or less when she realises what she'd rather be doing.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14