Steed and Mrs Peel - comic book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

ischtar wrote:
paulpdjh wrote:Boom Studios are now listing issue #4 for pre-order (in December), which it seems will be the start of a new story:

"After the events of their last adventure, John Steed & Emma Peel definitely deserve a night out. But there’s something sinister afoot amongst all the champagne & caviar. Murder is the main course at “The Black & White Ball!”"

http://www.boom-studios.com/steed-and-m ... order.html

Looks like it has something to do with the Superlative Seven episode, as Steed is wearing his fancy dress party uniform. Can't wait to see it :P
That's the best one so far I think.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

ischtar wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:It looks indeed like that.
But Mrs Peel has dark blue stribes and not violet one on her orange catsuit. ;)
And Steed actually never uses the hidden sword in his brolly.
How can they?
What a fata error...:lol:

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
You're the master of Mrs. Peel's fashion :D
But Steed did use the sword like in The Grandeur that was Rome and in the a scene in episode Homocide and old lace

8) Ischtar

Just noticed that, because the orange one is my favourite catsuit. ;)
Otherwise I would have to change all the Doodle-Mrs Peel's, who are wearing this suit. :P

Point for you - Steed-master. :D
But I haven't seen the other seasons yet and in S4+5 ,I definitely can say, that he never used it. ;)
Just Winters pulled it out a bit in "The Correct Way To Kill".
And of course in the opening titles he "fidget" with it a bit. :D

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
ischtar wrote:
paulpdjh wrote:Boom Studios are now listing issue #4 for pre-order (in December), which it seems will be the start of a new story:

"After the events of their last adventure, John Steed & Emma Peel definitely deserve a night out. But there’s something sinister afoot amongst all the champagne & caviar. Murder is the main course at “The Black & White Ball!”"

Looks like it has something to do with the Superlative Seven episode, as Steed is wearing his fancy dress party uniform. Can't wait to see it :P
That's the best one so far I think.
A four-issue arc isn't unheard of. I'm glad they're willing to move things along and not drag them out.

I quite like the B cover for issue 4. Nice little take on the series' absurdity.

Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Haha! :D
That's a rather funny cover.
Nothing can shock Steed and Mrs Peel! 8)

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Oh, they're getting better. That art has the look of Brian Bolland.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Oh, they're getting better. That art has the look of Brian Bolland.
I think so, too. There's some humour in that one that some of the others have been lacking. "Don't trip over the snake on your way out." :lol:

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:[

Hmm, well, I think I'd argue that it's less the medium that matters than the people who are behind it. Granted, the show will probably always work best as TV, because that was where it began its life, but I think if you have someone writing it that has a really good handle on the characters, the plots, and the general mood of the show, it doesn't matter what form it comes out in, it'll work. Case in point: the radio series. Granted, they had a bit of advantage because they were working off scripts from the series, as opposed to generating their own, but they adapted them so beautifully, and did such a good job of making the characters their own (even rewriting them where necessary), that when I listen to them, I never miss the fact that there's no Patrick, no Diana, no Brian Clemens behind-the-scenes, no visuals. The people who did it did a good job, and it worked.
Totally agree. I've often thought the missing TV episodes, for example, could return in radio form and released on CD like Doctor Who audio sets.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:[

Hmm, well, I think I'd argue that it's less the medium that matters than the people who are behind it. Granted, the show will probably always work best as TV, because that was where it began its life, but I think if you have someone writing it that has a really good handle on the characters, the plots, and the general mood of the show, it doesn't matter what form it comes out in, it'll work. Case in point: the radio series. Granted, they had a bit of advantage because they were working off scripts from the series, as opposed to generating their own, but they adapted them so beautifully, and did such a good job of making the characters their own (even rewriting them where necessary), that when I listen to them, I never miss the fact that there's no Patrick, no Diana, no Brian Clemens behind-the-scenes, no visuals. The people who did it did a good job, and it worked.
Totally agree. I've often thought the missing TV episodes, for example, could return in radio form and released on CD like Doctor Who audio sets.
That's a great idea! :D I'd buy them. I'm sure they could find someone to do a good job of filling in for Patrick and Ian.

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Just a reminder that issue #2 came out yesterday, October 31. I had some trouble getting ahold of a copy--apparently my local is no longer ordering for the shelves, just enough for accounts, which isn't a good sign. :( Hopefully it's selling better elsewhere. :)

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

That's too bad, but not totally unexpected. I wondered where the market would be. I still haven't bought a copy for example.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY