DVD Release in Germany

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Nice. Think they've spoilt it with the photoshopped bowlers though. They're not Thomson and Thompson.
I agree the added bowlers are a bit puzzling, but I think the cover art is gorgeous as a whole. They'd make nice posters. 8)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I'll get my hands on the first two series. The remastered 'Gale episodes' looked fab with their new soundtrack. :)
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

I received the new German Complete box set today. It's absolutely gorgeous and ...BIG! Out of a sturdy cardboard sleeve comes a very nicely produced "book" which contains the DVD's. The artwork on these is fantastic and there's a great feeling of quality to this item. The accompanying large format booklet (more of a bookazine type thing as it has a spine and is off heavy paper stock) has cast biogs and some very nice images running through as well as a episode guide and list of special features for each disc.

The only rub is that on the back of the cardboard sleeve the extras which are advertised as being on the set which were ported across from the UK sadly haven't made it onto the discs. There are the regular extras but the new material isn't to be found anywhere - and isn't listed in the booklet - only on the back of the packaging. A real shame for such a wonderfully presented box set which has had a lot of thought and imagination poured into it.

Ofcourse if i've completely overlooked an extra disc hidden somewhere in the beautiful packaging please let me know!
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Just had a look at the packaging on Amazon.de and that is a really nicely designed box (I was never too fond of the Optimum design).
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

ImageImage

I recieved the German edition of season 1,2 and 3 ("Wie alles begann" - Edition 1 +2) yesterday.

What's best: The reconstructions of the season 1 episodes are on two special DVD's all together.

Extra DVD 1 : Hot snow, Girl on the trapez, One for the mortuary, The Springers, The Frigteners
Extra DVD 2: The yellow needle, Death on the slipway, Double danger, Toy Trap, Tunnel of fear, The far-distant dead, Kill the King, Dead of winter, The deadly air, A chance of bait, Dragonsfield
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I have a question : did the Germans include a 'German title' for the opening credits or is it the original ?
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Hi JohnSteedFr,

What do you mean? Do Germans use the original opening titles or have they an own or translate it?
Well, I have the 2 boxes of the Emma Peel seasons and there is the original opening credits used. But I think earlier, they used the original credits and translated them into German, because populace of the Germans don't speak or understand English at this time. But now it has changed and the original opening credits in English are used.

Sincerely yours,

Sinus1994 Image
Last edited by Sinus1994 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Sinus1994 wrote:Hi JohnSteedFr,

What do you mean? Do Germans use the original opening titles or have they an own or translate it?
Well, I have the 2 boxes of the Emma Peel seasons and there is the original opening credits used. But I think earlier, they used the original credits and translated them into German, because populace of the Germans don't speak or understand English at this time. But now it has changed and the original opening credits in English are used.
That's what I meant, actually.
Since they remastered the sound quality (which was incredible), I was curious about the titles, if they had been translated or not.
redbeard
White Dwarf

Post by redbeard »

I just bought the Collection as a Christmas gift for myself. I have to say it is massive! 53 discs and 30 x 30 cm large. It cost 145 € but it was worth every cent of it. The only thing is I have to sell my previous collection. Which is a shame because it was so well made too...I guess you can't have everything...
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

redbeard wrote:I just bought the Collection as a Christmas gift for myself. I have to say it is massive! 53 discs and 30 x 30 cm large. It cost 145 € but it was worth every cent of it. The only thing is I have to sell my previous collection. Which is a shame because it was so well made too...I guess you can't have everything...
Have you been able to find the extras advertised on the back of the box? The Elizabeth Shepherd interview, ATV awards party etc? I think they have been missed off this set.
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk