Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

In the new masters of The Murder Market you can see the technicians hands waiting to catch Diana Rigg when she is hanging on half way up the wall in the marriage bureau office during her fight with Suzanne Lloyd.

I ask the most stupid questions!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Philippa wrote:In 'Cat amongst the pigeons', when Purdey runs out of Steed's front door, you can see a microphone being held up in the left bottom corner :lol:
typical errors from that production...
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Here's screen grab of a blooper someone sent to Roobarb's from the new discs. Ignoring the stunning new picture quality for a sec, can you see Diana Rigg's shadow on the backdrop?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Here's screen grab of a blooper someone sent to Roobarb's from the new discs. Ignoring the stunning new picture quality for a sec, can you see Diana Rigg's shadow on the backdrop?

Steed's hair....what? Is Emma in that photo?

Steed's hair....

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

If we are talking about bloopers, continuity and such with shows how about:

1. In "Never, Never Say Die" we have Steed entering the MOD unit in one suit color and leaving in another suit (brown to blue or blue to brown, can't recall).

2. Steed's apartment in the later Peel Seasons. As we know, Steed's apartment was in the MIDDLE of his flat building and yet we have a door from his kitchen apparently to the outside. But, it can't be to the outside, since his flat in in the middle, so it has to be into a hallway, I imagine. But, that's odd, too, having a door from a hallway into one's kitchen...

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Image

Oi, that's my screengrab.:D :wink:

It's funny that scene as all the actors shadows are very obvious when they're moving.

I watched Room Without a View last night and did a double take at one moment.

When Steed goes to visit Chessman as they both walk towards the table for dinner, the camera is tracking backwards. At the bottom of the frame you can see someone disappearing out of shot as they moved the table on to the set for Steed to sit down at (if the table was there the whole time then the camera move wouldn't have worked).

With the increased screen area showing on the new DVD's, the boom mike has popped into shot a few times.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Darren, was that your screen grab?? I'd have given you proper credit had I realised. :oops:

It's a goody though - and it's great to have the opportunity of showing an example rather than to just describe it.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Darren, was that your screen grab?? I'd have given you proper credit had I realised. :oops:

It's a goody though - and it's great to have the opportunity of showing an example rather than to just describe it.
Don't worry, I'm only joshing. :)
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Image

Yes but that was probably not visible on original broadcast, due to the overscan area and the shape of TV screens. The new DVDs have a lot of material at the edges which was not meant to be shown, just like film series when seen on the big screen. The idea of overscan isn't given much respect these days. Hance much complaining on forums about boom mikes in shot, edges of sets and tech crew ladders at the edge of shot, etc when they actually aren't when seen on a proper screen shown at the proper zoom amount. You're not watching them how they should be watched, how they were framed by the director for broadcast. He didn't intend every bit of the filmed image to be seen - he shot more of it, to allow for overscan.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

jaz wrote:In the new masters of The Murder Market you can see the technicians hands waiting to catch Diana Rigg when she is hanging on half way up the wall in the marriage bureau office during her fight with Suzanne Lloyd.
Sounds like another overscan issue!
Last watched: "Concerto"