Patrick Macnee in film and other TV Series

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

As another Avengers connection, I've just noticed that Leigh Vance is the producer - he wrote Tara King episode "All Done With Mirrors" and this H2H episode is directed by Ray Austin who directed it.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I can't believe Patrick ever stooped to The Love Boat. I had to play to clip to make sure and now I wish I hadn't.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

He adds a bit of class to the otherwise strange 'This is Spinal Tap' too!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

ischtar wrote:
Cariheart wrote:Ischtar...this might be from the Love Story tv series from that era.

Thank's Carihart, but I think he looks younger than he did in 1984, when Love boat was filmed.
Here is a link to a Hart to Hart episode from 1984 called Meanwhile back at the ranch with Patrick Macnee and I think he looks quite different to the second Photo of my post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bk5vZbC ... ure=relmfu

Ischtar

Here's a link to Love Boat The last heist from season 8 with Patrick Macnee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm8jqYHOUCg

Not "The Love Boat" when he walked around in shorts the whole TV show--nice legs, Pat!--but "The Love Story" which was a TV series from 1964-66. IMBD shows he was in three of those episodes. During that time there was also "Armchair Theatre", 1960-1966, where he did three shows, too. Probably from one of those six shows if it was in 1966. Unfortunately, I have not seen any of those shows to pinpoint that unique photo.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

Mona wrote:
ischtar wrote:
Cariheart wrote:Ischtar...this might be from the Love Story tv series from that era.

Thank's Carihart, but I think he looks younger than he did in 1984, when Love boat was filmed.
Here is a link to a Hart to Hart episode from 1984 called Meanwhile back at the ranch with Patrick Macnee and I think he looks quite different to the second Photo of my post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bk5vZbC ... ure=relmfu

Ischtar

Here's a link to Love Boat The last heist from season 8 with Patrick Macnee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm8jqYHOUCg

Not "The Love Boat" when he walked around in shorts the whole TV show--nice legs, Pat!--but "The Love Story" which was a TV series from 1964-66. IMBD shows he was in three of those episodes. During that time there was also "Armchair Theatre", 1960-1966, where he did three shows, too. Probably from one of those six shows if it was in 1966. Unfortunately, I have not seen any of those shows to pinpoint that unique photo.

Mona
Thak's Mona,

:roll: I think I had stopped reading after the word love.....

The photo could be from the TV series" The love story" , but we have to wait at least until February 3, 2013 to see Patrick Macnee in only one episode of the show (that's the new release date- the fourth time they changed the date - for the network DVD according to Amazon). He looks different in at least two of the episodes, the hair is shorter and darker.That's the one with Fenella Fielding http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/imag ... &s=kitchen, the photo of the second episode is somewhere on photobucket, but I can't remember where
:cry:

Ischtar
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

This is new to me so someone else may not have seen it either.

Lovely.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:This is new to me so someone else may not have seen it either.

Lovely.
Thanks Dandy...I don't believe I've ever seen this clip before.
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Cariheart wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:This is new to me so someone else may not have seen it either.

Lovely.
Thanks Dandy...I don't believe I've ever seen this clip before.
That good, just when you think you've seen everything Avengery something like this pops up. I can just make out what Patrick says under the French commentary.

What I want to know is what's going on at 1.34?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Mona

Post by Mona »

Lovely.
New to me, too! Thanks, Dandy!

It brought back many pleasant memories of me seeing Pat in those types of venues in the US!

Does anyone know what Pat was doing putting his hands in cement at the end? Is that the French way of saving footprints like we do to some celebrities in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood? If so, does anyone know where that casting of his hands are at in France?

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

Mona wrote:

Does anyone know what Pat was doing putting his hands in cement at the end? Is that the French way of saving footprints like we do to some celebrities in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood? If so, does anyone know where that casting of his hands are at in France?

Mona
The Chinese Theatre also exhibits handprints along with footprints :)
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time