Did They or Didn't They?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

My own frustrations with The Forget-Me-Knot are catured in this thread, if you've not seen it.

http://bit.ly/c3Pjh8
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Great, Dandy! Thanks! It's nice to know there are many others who really disliked the Steed/Peter Peel look-alike presentation in the episode.

Sorry I haven't yet read every previous thread on the Forum!

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Mona wrote:Great, Dandy! Thanks! It's nice to know there are many others who really disliked the Steed/Peter Peel look-alike presentation in the episode.

Mona

I think it's fair to say the only thing Brian Clemens got right was that goodbye between Pat and Diana which is genuinely moving and played absolutely truthfully.

The only reason I mention the other thread was I thought it would interest you. We're basically of the same opinion on this one I think.

That episode and the tag (almost an episode in itself) was hastily written on BC's return and I don't wish to be critical but the Tara/Emma-as strangers on the stairs and the Steed lookalike I find a bit disatifying and anti-climatic after such a great scene.

On the other hand I like how Steed bounces back ("Ra Boom-De-Ay!") from it. The Avengers goes on.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

Mona

Post by Mona »

Hey, Ischtar,

The reality is that Steed, obviously sleeping on the right side of the bed, just got up a moment ago and was using the restroom. He'll be back soon so Emma can smile again! ;-)

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

Well, Mona, you could be right - Emma would like that - and so do we :D :D , but maybe Steed was busy somewhere else:

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

ischtar wrote:Well, Mona, you could be right - Emma would like that - and so do we :D :D , but maybe Steed was busy somewhere else:

A man of many 'talents'.....
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

Tomorrow it's Valentine.
What would Steed and Emma do on such a day - maybe a romantic dinner in a restaurant at the coast?

MRotten

Post by MRotten »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Mona wrote:Great, Dandy! Thanks! It's nice to know there are many others who really disliked the Steed/Peter Peel look-alike presentation in the episode.

Mona

I think it's fair to say the only thing Brian Clemens got right was that goodbye between Pat and Diana which is genuinely moving and played absolutely truthfully.

The only reason I mention the other thread was I thought it would interest you. We're basically of the same opinion on this one I think.

That episode and the tag (almost an episode in itself) was hastily written on BC's return and I don't wish to be critical but the Tara/Emma-as strangers on the stairs and the Steed lookalike I find a bit disatifying and anti-climatic after such a great scene.

On the other hand I like how Steed bounces back ("Ra Boom-De-Ay!") from it. The Avengers goes on.
Mrs. Peel's departure was brilliantly written and presented. As Brian Clemens pointed out, as Mrs. Peel left with a fellow who looked just like Steed, Steed ending up both losing and getting the girl. The Avengers is a happy fantasy, and to have the ending totally downbeat wouldn't have worked at all.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

ischtar wrote:Image
"Um, I'm up here, Steed!"

Nice pics, ischtar! 8)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY