The Avengers - Series 5 + 6 replacement discs

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

John Johnson
Nutshell

Post by John Johnson »

If I decided to purchase the Optimum DVD sets from Amazon UK, would I have to go through the replacement disc process or is it okay to purchase the sets as they are?
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I understand that Amazon UK has all corrected sets now. But double-check them when you get them (the faults and indicators of fixed sets are on the Avengers Declassified web site) just in case!
Last watched: "Concerto"
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I just bought the set from the UK. Truthfully I have not checked every single disc but all the ones i have played ( at least half of them) are fine. Only problem is they don't fit back in the sleeve.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I'm working my way through all box sets in chronological order, and now I'm up to season 5. First episode Fear merchants, and I noticed in the scene towards the end of the episode where Emma is tied to the chair, that her suit is green. I thought I'm sure that was black in the video (from the brief case box set). Just checked and yes, it's black in the video. I'm guessing that as the dvd reveals Emma's suit to be green that the dvd is the correct colour. Or is it :?: Anyone noticed this, and are there any other differences with the dvd's I've yet to discover in series 5 and 6? Rich.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The suit is very definitely a very dark green suede, always has been.

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avenger ... -02.html#2
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

It just shows how grubby the old prints were, I also thought it was black until I came across some pictures and then saw the remastered DVD.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

dissolute wrote:The suit is very definitely a very dark green suede, always has been.
Thanks for that. Not sure about always has been, always SHOULD HAVE been though! :lol: In the video released 20 years ago, the suit is definitely black, so until these restored dvd's no-one knew the real colour of possibly several things in the colour series. I've just watched part of the video and the picture is still very good quality, despite not being colour corrected. I quite liked this suit of Emma's and liked it in black, now after 20 years I've got to get used to a new colour! Has anyone noticed any other changes that have now been revealed with the dvd restoration. Rich.
Prendergast
Thingumajig

Post by Prendergast »

Prendergast wrote:Well, that's good. So, I have to order the discs from Amazon UK, take the discs out, send them back to England (at my own expense) and hopefully wait for the replacements.

Ever get deja vu?

Still, cheers for doing the right thing i guess...
Nearly 5 years to the day, I finally ordered and received this from Amazon. All are V3 discs. I waited a little while to make sure and get the corrected discs ;)