DVD Release in Germany

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Repacking was for Emma Peel DVD sets too.

B/W Episodes

Back cover indicates the set for 2017.

Color episodes

Back cover indicates the set for 2016.

Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

In this case, it's strange why StudioCanal repacking all the Kinowelt boxes except the first part of Tara King set? :? :? :?
It's confirmed, I read the comments on Amazon and saw on Ebay that if Tara King boxes were in the kit, then the first was from Kinowelt with the second from StudioCanal. Hmm... :?
Denis
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

OO
Last edited by ischtar on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Great discovery, Chris! :P It remains only to find out whether there was the repacking of the other box from Avengers video age. It is strange that there is so little information about these new German DVD editions. :?
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Good news!

I just won an auction on the lot Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone Edition 3 Teil 1 + Teil 2 - New Boxes only for 16.82 €. :P

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mit-Schirm-Char ... 7675.l2557

I hope soon there will be an opportunity to study the new German edition of Tara King episodes - part 2.
Denis
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

The German sets are very nice in design, but boxes where the discs lay on top of each other are the worst.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Allard wrote:The German sets are very nice in design, but boxes where the discs lay on top of each other are the worst.
Yes, it looks that StudioCanal decided to economically repackage German DVD editions in order to get rid of unsold goods. I agree that such repacking is not a good step at all. :(

Criticism goes to "modern" StudioCanal, again.

Moreover, it's strange, company did not make announcements about these re-releases. :? Based on it, the whole thing says that seems if you will order the Kinowelt DVD editions in online shops, stores and etc (for example, on Amazon), actually you will get these (bad packing) from StudioCanal. Turns now it's easier to buy German DVD editions on Ebay where you have more confidence in what you will receive actually, as I think.

My curiosity is to explore one of these new German DVD boxes that I hope soon will be done. :wink: There is a small chance that the difference is not only in the packaging. We will see, to know for sure. :wink:
Denis
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Actually, the packaging of the current versions is far more kind to the discs. I recently went to my TNA French set to remove the discs to check them and the Digistak clasps had aged and hardened, meaning that they had lost their flexibility and consequently held onto the discs much too hard.

One disc split when I tried to remove it.

The more recent packaging, while not as seemingly luxurious, is less likely to damage the discs over time.
denis rigg wrote:Yes, it looks that StudioCanal decided to economically repackage German DVD editions in order to get rid of unsold goods. I agree that such repacking is not a good step at all. :(

Criticism goes to "modern" StudioCanal, again.
If there's any criticism to be meted out it should be directed at consumers who are not prepared to pay high prices for DVDs these days. This of course is fair enough, but it explains why StudioCanal are having to rethink their packaging in order to make their DVD products more economical and therefore more attractive to buyers who increasingly seek out bargains.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I glad you found the packaging of the current versions as more kind to the discs, Alan.
Yes, good storage of disks often depends on the holders of these discs and the strength of the box as well. If it's fragile, then as you do not have to place the disks in - it will sooner or later become unusable. On the video market where I worked I often met people who was afraid to keep it in any kind of plastic boxes at all and they store it separately - in a special bank or elsewhere.
If there's any criticism to be meted out it should be directed at consumers who are not prepared to pay high prices for DVDs these days. This of course is fair enough, but it explains why StudioCanal are having to rethink their packaging in order to make their DVD products more economical and therefore more attractive to buyers who increasingly seek out bargains.
Maybe or as I said it is a way to get rid of unsold goods, as often happens in Russia. Well, I do not really know the structure of the foreign market, I assumed that this should be similar. :wink:
Denis
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I don't know whether it would be due to repackaging old stock - but I think it's more likely that new discs have been pressed for this edition. I imagine it's also out of a desire to have the sets carrying the StudioCanal name rather than the Kinowelt one.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger