Gareth Hunt

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:Short, but very sweet! I listened to it last night; I too wonder what the audience was doing there.

Yes, incredible if he was doing theatre during the production of TNA, at least when it began. I don't know if he had a long run to complete or was able to concentrate just on TNA after a few months...

Now I come to think of it, it is strange how straight Gambit's hair is compared to Gareth's!

He took the Nescafé remarks in good part as well, although it must be tedious to keep having those adverts come up in every conversation.

Has this interview appeared on the TNA Facebook group yet?
It seems strange to have an audience for a radio show, but I suppose it's possible. I thought it might have been canned laughter for a moment, but it sounded more natural than that. Maybe they were broadcasting from someplace open to the public?

I've gone searching to try and work out how long that particular stint of Hamlet lasted, but all I can find is a start date--March 16, 1976. It had already been running elsewhere starting in December, 1975 (after he would have left Upstairs, Downstairs). Gareth and Joanna were tested in February, did the Dorcester photo call in March, and started shooting in April, so presumably things overlapped for a few months at least. They would have been getting up early to do their fitness training even before they started shooting, so I suspect things were pretty tight for awhile there. :shock:

I do remember when I first started to see photos of Gareth outside TNA, I was a little bit surprised at how curly it was. They did straighten it out a fair bit, although I don't know that I'd actually call it "straight"--it's still pretty fluffy! (Not that I mind--I appreciate the fluffiness :wink: ). At least the hairdressing people didn't give up and put him in a wig like Peter Wyngarde. :lol:

I've checked the TNA facebook group and haven't seen any sign of it--I found it on YouTube myself, and from the looks of things it hadn't been played very many times. You should pass it along--I'm sure they'd enjoy it. :D

Let's take a moment to appreciate the hard work of the TNA hair department. :wink:

Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Short, but very sweet! I listened to it last night; I too wonder what the audience was doing there.

Yes, incredible if he was doing theatre during the production of TNA, at least when it began. I don't know if he had a long run to complete or was able to concentrate just on TNA after a few months...

Now I come to think of it, it is strange how straight Gambit's hair is compared to Gareth's!

He took the Nescafé remarks in good part as well, although it must be tedious to keep having those adverts come up in every conversation.

Has this interview appeared on the TNA Facebook group yet?
It seems strange to have an audience for a radio show, but I suppose it's possible. I thought it might have been canned laughter for a moment, but it sounded more natural than that. Maybe they were broadcasting from someplace open to the public?

I've gone searching to try and work out how long that particular stint of Hamlet lasted, but all I can find is a start date--March 16, 1976. It had already been running elsewhere starting in December, 1975 (after he would have left Upstairs, Downstairs). Gareth and Joanna were tested in February, did the Dorcester photo call in March, and started shooting in April, so presumably things overlapped for a few months at least. They would have been getting up early to do their fitness training even before they started shooting, so I suspect things were pretty tight for awhile there. :shock:

I do remember when I first started to see photos of Gareth outside TNA, I was a little bit surprised at how curly it was. They did straighten it out a fair bit, although I don't know that I'd actually call it "straight"--it's still pretty fluffy! (Not that I mind--I appreciate the fluffiness :wink: ). At least the hairdressing people didn't give up and put him in a wig like Peter Wyngarde. :lol:

I've checked the TNA facebook group and haven't seen any sign of it--I found it on YouTube myself, and from the looks of things it hadn't been played very many times. You should pass it along--I'm sure they'd enjoy it. :D

Let's take a moment to appreciate the hard work of the TNA hair department. :wink:

myself, I still enjoy listening to stories/plays etc via the radio...the same goes for audio books...which I listen to in my car, or in my studio, as I'm working. But radio plays have always been special..to me...even after TV displaced radio...
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

From The Times, a tiny little review of a play Gareth did as a student at Webber-Douglas in 1968 (at 26, he was probably one of the older students, so it's no wonder they cast him as a middle-aged character). There's so little about Gareth around pre-Upstairs, Downstairs, so this is a treat.

"Gareth Hunt...gives a thoughtful, well-sustained performance"

(Please don't repost)

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Very nice - wish I could've seen the set! And Joanna David - then a mere 21-ish years old. Of course her future husband Edward Fox was in The Avengers with Linda Thorson around this time...
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I thought I recognised the name. Emilia Fox's mother?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, that's her. I wonder when she and Edward Fox got married? IMDB says 2004 which seems a bit late.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Nice avatar! Whew!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Frankymole wrote:Very nice - wish I could've seen the set! And Joanna David - then a mere 21-ish years old. Of course her future husband Edward Fox was in The Avengers with Linda Thorson around this time...
I had no idea that was Emilia Fox's mother! :D There's my trivia for the day.

And I second Dandy on the avatar. :shock: I just saw that shot of Linda for the first time somewhere else, and I'm struggling to remember where.

Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Thanks! I lifted it from here: http://www.wrekers.nl/Season7.htm
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Frankymole wrote:Thanks! I lifted it from here: http://www.wrekers.nl/Season7.htm
I've somehow managed to miss that website over the years. Neat! :D