Did They or Didn't They?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Mona wrote:
MRotten wrote: Mrs. Peel's departure was brilliantly written and presented. As Brian Clemens pointed out, as Mrs. Peel left with a fellow who looked just like Steed, Steed ending up both losing and getting the girl. The Avengers is a happy fantasy, and to have the ending totally downbeat wouldn't have worked at all.
Wow, I'm really surprised to see that a fan believes the ending was "brilliantly written". I guess every opinion abounds on every topic, as the Forum proves!

Mona
no matter how you perceive the ending, like or dislike the episode, and the ENDING,
it's done..a part of history, both for the actors, the series, and UK TV as well..

question being ....how would you present the final moments of this episode ???
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

Just a little gif - fun: The Avengers guide for lovers

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/ ... 68ceb1.gif
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

Well done Ischtar! Sweet and funny! :lol:
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

This is just a little trivia for the Seddi fans.
What do you think has just happened before this?
:lol:

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Emma scratched his neck and kicked him in the ribs, looks like.

oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

[quote="Dandy Forsdyke"]Emma scratched his neck and kicked him in the ribs, looks like.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
Mona

Post by Mona »

Emma scratched his neck and kicked him in the ribs, looks like.

(as we do with Chinese cookies)..........in bed!

;-)

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Hello everyone!

First a small question: what does SEDDI means? I think its an akronym for the Steed and Emma fans, isn't it? I don't know it...
I just can laugh about this perpetual discussion about that! :mrgreen:
I had such a discuss with a teacher abut the relationship between Steed and Emma and afterwards I couldn't stop laughing about it. The teacher considered that they just work together and otherwise nothing!
But nearly everybody can see that it isn't just working together! Including my friends, everybody said, that there is more than a professional relationship.
And as Brian Clemens said, every episodes gives lots of examples for everyone with dirty fantasies! :D
I just can agree to him. A real fan of Steed and Emma is sitting in front of the TV and is waiting and watching only if something happens between them. Did they or didn't they? That is here the question. Everyone, nearly everyone, wants that it happens, but if it is so far, as in "Who is Who???" (if we only look at the bodies), someway it is creepy. I think so...

But an argument for the more-than-professional-relationship between
Steed and Emma is, look at all the pictures for the press like this one:

Or this one:

@ Mona: What a dirty thought/imagination! :twisted:

@ ischtar:Thank you for this cool pictures of Steed and Emma I hope you have always enough ideas for the pictures! 8)
Are this the not shown scenes between Steed and Emma? :lol:

Sincerely yours,

Sinus1994 Image
Last edited by Sinus1994 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mona

Post by Mona »

Hello, Sinus1994,

I, and one or two other women, made up the acronym SEDDI for Steed and Emma Definitely Did It when I broached the topic they were obviously lovers 14 or 15 years ago in the first email Avengers group I ever joined.

Like you, it completely amazes me that some folks think Steed and Emma were "platonic". I really can't fathom that belief, but there are a percentage of fans who feel that way. Like you, and so many others, including Patrick Macnee, we firmly know Steed and Emma were very active lovers as well as agents, and friends.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Hi Mona,

Thanks for your explanation. Now I understand everything a little bit better. :wink:
I think I'm going to join the SEDDI camp. But it is still creepy to see them as lovers...
Yes, it very mysterious, how some people can insist on this opinion. Well, at the end of our dispute I couldn't convince my teacher that they did it!! :roll:
So the only thing I can do is laughing about it again and again! :lol:
As I saw my first episode, I know immediately that they are more than friends.

Sincerely yours,

Sinus1994 Image
Last edited by Sinus1994 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.