The Avengers on Blu-ray in France

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote:Alan, what makes you think I haven't told Optimum?

The point of forums is to share ideas and experiences. I even one person is encouraged to email Optimum and add to the calls for a recall, all to the good. I see the post above this is from a poster who has been encouraged to email Optimum.

Consumers are far too reticent these days about contacting suppliers of faulty goods (although Optimum, judging from comments on Roobarb's, seem to have failed to be able to service even the current number of people sending in for replacements - some have waited 3 motnhs or more!!)...
As you will know being a member, one chap on Roobarb's has been waiting five months since he sent his faulty series 5 discs back which cost him an extra $12.50 in postage. He said that he's sent them three emails and have had someone on Roobarb's contact them on his behalf twice. He still haven't got the replacement discs. Nor did he ever get any kind of reply from them.

I have to say I don't mind (at all) the moaning threads - repetitive or pointless or whatever. My heart goes out to the people that have bought these discs, only to be disappointed again and again - not to mention the inconvenience, not to mention the expense and the worry that this will ever be resolved. My advice for anyone is don't buy these shoddy discs until the entire matter has been resolved.

If Frankymole wants to let off a bit of steam on the forum I think that okay. It doesn't annoy me and I don't think he's abusing the boards. I daresay that there will be others reading his comments and nodding their heads.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I fully realise the problems that people are having - but as I say, 'stuck record' repetition isn't going to solve anything. Contacting Optimum or other organisations that may be able to help, might.

At the very least, can we please keep discussion to the appropriate threads only. This has nothing to do with 'The Avengers on Blu-ray in France' for instance.

(Before anyone asks, moderation tools here do not allow split conversations to be merged with another.)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

Back on topic. Does anyone know who if anyone has the rights to the series in the US? Being Canal I keep thinking Lionsgate would be the distributer. A&E seems to do anything by Network so we know Space 1999 series 2 and The Persuaders are coming to blu this year.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

timlamb wrote:Back on topic. Does anyone know who if anyone has the rights to the series in the US? Being Canal I keep thinking Lionsgate would be the distributer. A&E seems to do anything by Network so we know Space 1999 series 2 and The Persuaders are coming to blu this year.
How's that "back on topic", Tim? :wink:

There are topics here about The Avengers on DVD in the US. This isn't one of them.

The answer is no-one knows, by the way.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

Sorry to drag this back off-topic, but I sent Optimum a couple of e-mails about my long missing replacement discs this week. Spookily enough I've just received the discs today.
Not sure if the e-mails had anything to do with it as I didn't get a reply. Coincidence?
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Until there is some movement on The Avengers on Blu-ray in France, I'm closing this topic.

Please use the proper topics for discussing problems with the UK DVDs.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger