Steed and Mrs Peel - comic book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Steed And Mrs Peel #4 – A Writer’s Commentary by Caleb Monroe and Yasmin Liang

Spoilers
Thanks for that, Dandy! It was quite illuminating to hear what they had to say. I think that issue was the best of the series thus far. They're certainly trying hard and putting a lot of detail into it.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Here's writer Caleb Monroe talking on YouTube about the Steed and Mrs Peel comic. 8)

What do we make of this? Is it me or are the legs too big?

And what's going on at the rear?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Yeah, that's cover I got, and it does look out of proportion to me. Emma's head looks too small for the body as well.

I haven't actually managed to read this yet--too busy. It's one my comic pile.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Here's writer Caleb Monroe talking on YouTube about the Steed and Mrs Peel comic. 8)

What do we make of this? Is it me or are the legs too big?
Yes, or head too small (her torso also seems out of proportion to her head). Is that actual hand-painted artwork, or some kind of photo-manipulation with a software filter than applied to "oil paint" it? It looks like the latter.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Exclusive Cover Reveal: STEED AND MRS. PEEL #11
Is this the end of John Steed and Emma Peel?

Steed and Mrs. Peel have been fighting the bad guys for some time now. In their latest series, it's no different. As it appears this volume of the series is coming to an end, our exclusive cover reveal gives the impression it just might be the end of John Steed and Emma Peel as well. Check out the cover and solicit information for the July issue.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

A shame if the comic is coming to an end but perhaps not surprising as I'm not sure how much of a market there is these days for Avengers comics.

I like the idea of a Cybernauts story though ! :)
robmyers
Nutshell

Post by robmyers »

I really enjoyed the latest one. I'm not sure how a suicide cluster plotline would have ben received in the 60s, and possibly a link to a government agency in the village would have helped better explain why Steed and Peel were called in, but the discovered threat and the denouement(s) were very good indeed.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

robmyers wrote:I really enjoyed the latest one. I'm not sure how a suicide cluster plotline would have ben received in the 60s, and possibly a link to a government agency in the village would have helped better explain why Steed and Peel were called in, but the discovered threat and the denouement(s) were very good indeed.
Yes, this one was pretty good (shades of Man-Eater of Surrey Green with Steed and Emma facing off against one another, albeit for a different reason). One thing that did puzzle me near the end was the fate of the DM at the end--it looks as though Steed and Emma leave him at the mercy of the villagers, which seemed a bit out of character to me.

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

If your head hasn't (literally) exploded with the news of the new radio series, you can pick up the latest iteration of the other current Avengers spin-off. Steed and Mrs. Peel #9 is out today.

cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I still haven't bought these yet. I've seen them on ebay, but wasn't sure enough to buy. Does anyone recommend them? Do they for instance manage to capture the true flavour of the TV series. Out of the many Avengers stories in print, the only ones that rang true to me were Deadline, Dead duck, and the 3 Stay tuned Mrs Peel missing files novelettes. (Oh yes, and Saga of happy valley by the same author). Do these comics rank alongside those :?: Thanks, Rich.