Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots: The Ultimate Avengers Book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Darren wrote:
MikeR wrote:
Darren wrote:Read the season 1 preview. Interesting about Barbara Shelley.

I've resisted downloading the ebook and will wait for the softback. It's right up my street! :D
Darren

That is quite a revelation about Barbara Shelley.

If you read further you’ll come across quite a few more revelations!
It shows they were thinking about a female co-star even before the end of season one.

I would imagine that there's more info to be gleaned for the later seasons due to more people available to talk to and production documentation..?
Darren

Yes, I've not done too badly as over the years I have managed to talk with, exchange both correspondence and emails with a large amount of people who worked on The Avengers, The New Avengers and the 1998 feature film.

Mick Audsley, Roy Ward Baker, Duncan Barbour, Richard Bates, Jeremy Burnham, Michael Chapman, Cyd Child, Brian Clemens, Jennifer Croxton, Peter Duffell, Cyril Frankel, John Hough, Gareth Hunt, Don Leaver, Patrick Macnee, Frank Maher, Roger Marshall, Rhonda Parker, Ron Purdie, Jon Rollason, Dennis Spooner, Julie Stevens, Robert Banks Stewart, Brian Tesler, Linda Thorson & Tony Williamson.

Unfortunately, some of these people are no longer with us and so I'm grateful that I met Gareth (twice), interviewed Roy and exchanged quite a bit of correspondence with Tony.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Jace wrote:i downloaded the kindle edition yesterday and look forward to looking at it today. i'll probably order the hardcopy as well for my spy library :)
Jace

When you've had a chance to read some and digest please give me your views.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

The problems regarding a lack of TOC encountered with ebook versions of Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots has now been resolved as from now on (I’d give it a couple of days) Kindle and Nook ebook versions will have a Table of Contents.

Unfortunately the printed copies will take somewhat longer than I was advised and so it will take at least a couple of weeks, which is most disappointing to me as I was obviously looking forward to getting them out there.
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

MikeR wrote:The problems regarding a lack of TOC encountered with ebook versions of Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots has now been resolved as from now on (I’d give it a couple of days) Kindle and Nook ebook versions will have a Table of Contents.

Unfortunately the printed copies will take somewhat longer than I was advised and so it will take at least a couple of weeks, which is most disappointing to me as I was obviously looking forward to getting them out there.
Thanks for the updates! I will continue to look for the printed version!
Dene
Nutshell

Post by Dene »

Printed version must be coming soon I presume..?

Looking forward to seeing this weighty tome :).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MikeR wrote:The problems regarding a lack of TOC encountered with ebook versions of Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots has now been resolved as from now on (I’d give it a couple of days) Kindle and Nook ebook versions will have a Table of Contents.

VERY GOOD....can't wait..
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Dene wrote:Printed version must be coming soon I presume..?

Looking forward to seeing this weighty tome :).
I'm waiting for an email to tell me that this is now available, as its been with the printers 3 weeks.
Last edited by MikeR on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

I have good news. The paperback version of Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots is now available on Amazon USA.

The not so good news is that it will be a few more days before it becomes available on Amazon UK, but I will keep you informed regarding this.

So coming up in the next few days and weeks I forcast that there will be a vast amount of previoisly unknown things to discuss here on The Avengers International Fan Forum.

Please let know your views and opinions.
philC
White Dwarf

Post by philC »

Many thanks Mike - my order is with amazon UK so I'll look forward to the next news. Can't wait...
Dene
Nutshell

Post by Dene »

MikeR wrote:I have good news. The paperback version of Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots is now available on Amazon USA.

The not so good news is that it will be a few more days before it becomes available on Amazon UK, but I will keep you informed regarding this.
Thanks very much for the information.

How about Telos themselves? Does the same apply to them as to Amazon UK?