Steed and Mrs Peel - comic book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Tannerman
White Dwarf

Post by Tannerman »

Per the current writer Caleb Monroe, Issue #11 will be the finale, ending the series.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Tannerman wrote:Per the current writer Caleb Monroe, Issue #11 will be the finale, ending the series.
Boo Hoo!!! :cry:
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Tannerman wrote:Per the current writer Caleb Monroe, Issue #11 will be the finale, ending the series.
I've had a look around the 'net, and can't find anything about it, even on Monroe's site, just speculation that the end of the arc will be the end of the book. That said, if it has been cancelled, I'm not too surprised. The chances of it having the audience to guarantee a long run were always slim. It's a shame, though, because it was just starting to come into its own with the past few issues.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Tannerman
White Dwarf

Post by Tannerman »

Here are two sources:

1. Boom's solicitation for issue #11:
FINAL ISSUE! Never so close to revenge... John Cartney has come tantalizingly close to defeating John Steed and Emma Peel before -- but now with the Cybernauts at his side, his plans may finally come to fruition. The devastating battle concludes in this can’t-miss finale!
2. I asked Caleb Monroe directly via Twitter:

Q: "Is Steed #11 the final issue of the series or will it be continuing beyond that?"

A: "It's the finale!"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Tannerman wrote:Here are two sources:

1. Boom's solicitation for issue #11:
FINAL ISSUE! Never so close to revenge... John Cartney has come tantalizingly close to defeating John Steed and Emma Peel before -- but now with the Cybernauts at his side, his plans may finally come to fruition. The devastating battle concludes in this can’t-miss finale!
2. I asked Caleb Monroe directly via Twitter:

Q: "Is Steed #11 the final issue of the series or will it be continuing beyond that?"

A: "It's the finale!"
Thanks for those. I searched the Boom! site by title, but the results weirdly didn't list anything past issue 8.

denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Yesterday, the French company Soleil Productions released a comic book "Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir". It is a reprint of two stories, The Golden Game and Deadly Rainbow, first published by company Acme Press in early 1990s. It's in French and in black and white.

The first French review of the comic book.

http://fun-en-bulle-castbd.blogspot.ru/ ... -cuir.html

Last edited by denis rigg on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Ironic they're doing this just as the English language one comes to an end, but it's good they're printing it regardless. Thanks for the heads-up, Denis! :D

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Here's writer Caleb Monroe talking on YouTube about the Steed and Mrs Peel comic. 8)

What do we make of this? Is it me or are the legs too big?
Yes, or head too small (her torso also seems out of proportion to her head). Is that actual hand-painted artwork, or some kind of photo-manipulation with a software filter than applied to "oil paint" it? It looks like the latter.
steroids ?? LOL.....does look out of proportion
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

Not sure about this, but I believe that the series was limited to begin with, as there was a definite narrative arc going on. That being said, I've heard rumor that they're going to do another series with a different writer/artist.
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

New comic miniseries of the Steed & Mrs. Peel franchise from Boom! Studios will start in July. So there is still interest, after all:

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/artic ... d-mrs-peel