The Movie

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

The Black teddy gets his brains blown out in an episode of 'Supernatural' !!
That's the fourth appearance of the giant teddies in other shows todate.

Light Green - Inspector Gadget
Pink - She Spies
Yellow - The Middleman
Black - Supernatural
Last edited by Avengerholic on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Avengerholic wrote:The Black teddy gets his brains blown out in an episode of 'Supernatural' !!
That's the fourth appearance of the giant teddies in other shows todate.

Light Green - Inspector Gadget
Pink - She Spies
Yellow -
Black - Supernatural
Don't forget the one in The Middleman!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Yes that was the yellow one :wink:
bramford
Thingumajig

Post by bramford »

Was Uma Thurman really the filmmakers' first choice? Wasn't Elizabeth Hurley considered for the part, or was that just a rumour?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

bramford wrote:Was Uma Thurman really the filmmakers' first choice? Wasn't Elizabeth Hurley considered for the part, or was that just a rumour?
I don't think Hurley was offered the role. But, as this article shows http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,286952,00.html some other names have been suggested (Drew Barrymore, Madeleine Stowe).

It's like the Bond role. A lot of people are suggsted, considered approached... it doesn't mean they were offered these roles. I heard Sharon Stone was suggested too.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
bramford wrote:Was Uma Thurman really the filmmakers' first choice? Wasn't Elizabeth Hurley considered for the part, or was that just a rumour?
I don't think Hurley was offered the role. But, as this article shows http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,286952,00.html some other names have been suggested (Drew Barrymore, Madeleine Stowe).

It's like the Bond role. A lot of people are suggsted, considered approached... it doesn't mean they were offered these roles. I heard Sharon Stone was suggested too.

I was speaking to a woman the other night at the theatre who said E. Hurley is a a friend of hers and was up for the part. I said to her with all due respect she's a beautiful woman but no actress and that her voice lacks authority for Emma Peel.
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

I don't think Liz Hurley would've been right for the part either. But in my opinion she might have made a better Emma Peel than Uma Thurman...
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

There were loads of rumoured names flying around before the film, Nicole Kidman being one of them.

Hurley at least wouldn't have been hampered by trying to adopt an English accent.

I do think that "Dr. Emma Peel" was so badly written anyway, I doubt any actor could have made it work.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

"Dr. Emma Peel"
What a load of b*ll*cks that was. "You can call me Dr Peel/You can call me Mrs Peel..." what a confusing load of cack. It doesn't even make sense as a joke. :lol:
DiVicenzo wrote: I was speaking to a woman the other night at the theatre who said E. Hurley is a a friend of hers and was up for the part. I said to her with all due respect she's a beautiful woman but no actress and that her voice lacks authority for Emma Peel.
Good for you.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
TheDeeMan
Thingumajig

Post by TheDeeMan »

Darren wrote: I do think that "Dr. Emma Peel" was so badly written anyway, I doubt any actor could have made it work.
Truer words were never spoken.

Dee
It's like The Avengers, mixed with Sherlock Holmes, and a dash of James Bond for Flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php