Tara King's Season 6: a creative idea

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Lovely chapter from Margo on Take-Over with more psychoanalytical phallic symbols. Over half of the chapters are now in. Please keep them coming.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:Lovely chapter from Margo on Take-Over with more psychoanalytical phallic symbols. Over half of the chapters are now in. Please keep them coming.
Would say that TA had more perversity than any other series of its kind.
In fact any benign phallic symbol gets grotesquely transformed into the most perverse of tools. Death becomes an art form. The murder weapons really do tell us a great deal about the diabolical master's mind and their deranged fantasies. Whether they are radio-detonated phosphorus bomb neck implants, bleepers with poison pens, or just the simplicity of a knitting needle. Brilliant writers indeed!
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

jaz wrote:Rodders is absolutely right when he states I think the Tara series is better than the colour Rigg series (series as I'm based in the UK as opposed to season). The paperwork from the time states Series no Season.
I use 'season' throughout the books because it allows one to differentiate between the entire run of the show - the series - and each individual run - season.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

19 chapters in and edited. 14 to go!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Rodders wrote:
jaz wrote:Rodders is absolutely right when he states I think the Tara series is better than the colour Rigg series (series as I'm based in the UK as opposed to season). The paperwork from the time states Series no Season.
I use 'season' throughout the books because it allows one to differentiate between the entire run of the show - the series - and each individual run - season.
Better check my usage in my chapters, I tend to use series and show rather than season and series.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

I will check! I've also added the following explanation to my Anticlockwise preface:

There has been some questioning by readers of my use of ‘season’ rather than ‘series’ to define each era or run of The Avengers. After all, in the UK each vintage was originally called a ‘series’. However, given that the show, in its entirety, is a television series, I prefer to use the more clearcut or unambiguous term ‘season’, and it seems to naturally fit the idea of a programme which was constantly changing.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Seasons is my preferred term for all my favourite programmes.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

24 of the 33 episodes now in. Lots of well balanced reviews and plenty of support for the diverse Season 6.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Unfortunately I can't get hold of Frankymole at all and am therefore in need of writers for his chapters.
All Done With Mirrors
Thingumajig

Any takers with just a calendar month to turn it around?
Last edited by Rodders on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Having recently had to take on two more, I'm only willing to add one final one myself. And if I tackle Thingumajig the material will be unprintable.