Steed and Mrs Peel - comic book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

That's great news! I thought the last series improved as it went along, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do this time. :)
Paul
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

paulpdjh wrote:That's great news! I thought the last series improved as it went along, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do this time. :)
I agree. The characterisation in particular got better as it progressed. Hopefully they'll build on that. It's heartening to see that they're doing another round of it, so it must have sold well enough to justify it. Boom! has been a bit circumspect when it comes to information about it--they never discussed it in their columns about that month's issues and the like, and when the last series ended there wasn't really any indication as to whether it was finished for good or not. Odd because Boom! is usually pretty good about keeping readers informed on that sort of thing.

It's almost like they're doing it in a "season" format, so we have a multi-issue storyline, and then it ends for the year, just the way the TV series would, before starting again for a new round. It's an unusual publishing schedule, but if that is what they're doing, I think it's a fun way to go about it. Lots of little mini-Avengers comic seasons!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

Came across this interview with Ian Edginton who is writing the new six part series:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/02/steed-and-peel/

He seems to know the series (and the ITC shows) quite well, so hopefully this will be really good.
Paul
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

paulpdjh wrote:Came across this interview with Ian Edginton who is writing the new six part series:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/02/steed-and-peel/

He seems to know the series (and the ITC shows) quite well, so hopefully this will be really good.
Thanks for that! It is indeed encouraging that he knows so many ITC shows, along with the Avengers. Hopefully it'll translate to his take on the writing and feel of the series. I'm glad that they've stated up-front that this'll be a six-parter, as they were sort of ambiguous about the run last time. Something to look forward to in July! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Jace
Thingumajig

Post by Jace »

Issue #2 cover design and info posted today on Spy Vibe here:

http://spyvibe.blogspot.com/2014/08/ste ... eel-2.html