The Avengers DVD Set 5 (Series 6) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Cybernowt wrote:On Fri Mar 11, 2011
jaz wrote:I've just heard from Optimum that Legacy of Death has been fixed - expect an announcement soon.

Some quiet negotiations behind the scenes can make a difference with some companies...
Soon?! How quiet do we have to be for a wait of less than 5 months?!
It's probably best if you email Optimum direct for an answer to this one

I ask the most stupid questions!
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

I know I've made the odd niggle about the dvds now and again.. but on the whole I'd like to say thank you for your part in producing these to such a high standard (and to the rest of the Optimum team too).

May I ask? Are you involved in the alleged production of a book of the 'Diana' comic strips to appear later in the year?

If it does appear, it will be top of my christmas present list this year.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

jaz wrote:
jaz wrote:I've just heard from Optimum that Legacy of Death has been fixed - expect an announcement soon.

Some quiet negotiations behind the scenes can make a difference with some companies...
What is the email address for Optimum? I sent discs for replacement back in May and still haven't received the corrected discs.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

MRotten wrote:
jaz wrote:
What is the email address for Optimum? I sent discs for replacement back in May and still haven't received the corrected discs.
You and me both. I'm awaiting series 5 and series 6 to reach me. I've emailed but heard nothing yet (that was two weeks ago). I've had replies in the past though. It's probably the usual of they've had a very large number of returns and are slowly working their way through.

You could try: [email protected] or [email protected]

Whilst I still appreciate that Optimum have done these replacement continuously, the speed of sending out leaves a lot to be desired.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Has anyone emailed Optimum and had a response? Especially as to the "Legacy of Death" replacement?
Last watched: "Concerto"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Frankymole wrote:Has anyone emailed Optimum and had a response? Especially as to the "Legacy of Death" replacement?
With previous replacements, I've had responses but I've heard nothing this time in relation to where on earth my series 5 and 6 discs are - I'm sort of half heartedly/optimistically hoping that they're delaying sending me them until they throw in a Legacy of Death disc which I didn't send back.... hey I can dream).
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Frankymole wrote:Has anyone emailed Optimum and had a response? Especially as to the "Legacy of Death" replacement?
They're sending out my replacement discs shortly, that's the message I received.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

MRotten wrote:They're sending out my replacement discs shortly, that's the message I received.
I suppose if they post a load in one go it saves on petrol, with only one trip to the PO!
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Darren wrote:
With previous replacements, I've had responses but I've heard nothing this time in relation to where on earth my series 5 and 6 discs are - I'm sort of half heartedly/optimistically hoping that they're delaying sending me them until they throw in a Legacy of Death disc which I didn't send back.... hey I can dream).
I shot another email off earlier in the week, and after getting no response, was very happy to arrive home from work today with my series 5 and series 6, disc 1 replacements waiting for me.

Now only an announcement about Legacy of Death waiting.:)
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Darren wrote:Now only an announcement about Legacy of Death waiting.:)
There hasn't been an announcement, but a trusted poster on the Dr Who forum has received a fixed "Legacy of Death" disk today. It took 2 months from sending off, and a couple of weeks after a "we're sending it tomorrow" response to a chaser email...

What's the current email address, and the postal address to send for replacements? I might send off my series 6 disks next week.
Last watched: "Concerto"