The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

jaz wrote:I don't suppose anyone got their names? The first i knew of them was on the Sunday morning having learnt they had put up a memorabilia stall in the area set aside for John Buss's collection. They hadn't asked me if they could do this and probably explains why they were nowhere to be seen on Sunday.
No, I'm afraid not Jaz...but did they pay up?????
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

A nice man, who had accompanied these two men in town after the Hellfire Club, told me the morning after all this information (father having lots of money because of his cars etc...). That man was the only one who wasn't drunk and stayed reasonable in the cab. Moreover, I think he's the one you mentioned Jaz, because he was the owner of the memorabilia he had provided to the University for the convention (he had even worked with Linda Thorson ten years ago, on a play).
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

JohnSteedFr wrote:A nice man, who had accompanied these two men in town after the Hellfire Club, told me the morning after all this information (father having lots of money because of his cars etc...). That man was the only one who wasn't drunk and stayed reasonable in the cab. Moreover, I think he's the one you mentioned Jaz, because he was the owner of the memorabilia he had provided to the University for the convention (he had even worked with Linda Thorson ten years ago, on a play).
Thanks for the info gleaned Joris :D
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Brendan Jones wrote:Maybe it was just my intergenerational relationship sense tingling. :P
Well my gaydar never even wobbled. That's not because I was right, it was because it's been on the blink for quite some time :shock:

It's a shame to learn that they weren't even Avengers fans. I just hope that they DID actually pay the money before receiving the auction goodies - it was for charity after all.
Last watched: The Undertakers
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Halfhide wrote:
Brendan Jones wrote:Maybe it was just my intergenerational relationship sense tingling. :P
Well my gaydar never even wobbled. That's not because I was right, it was because it's been on the blink for quite some time :shock:

It's a shame to learn that they weren't even Avengers fans. I just hope that they DID actually pay the money before receiving the auction goodies - it was for charity after all.
I have to wonder what a couple of non Avengers fans were doing spending the evening in the Chichester University Students Union ! :?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MLP* wrote:
Halfhide wrote:

I have to wonder what a couple of non Avengers fans were doing spending the evening in the Chichester University Students Union ! :?
wink,wink! (LOL)
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Did anyone who went to the Celebration hear Marie Cameron talk? She helped Pat write his autobiography and they were apparently close for awhile. I'd love to hear a summary of what she had to say.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Mona wrote:I love how he only said positive things about everyone; what a great feeling to initiate in attendees from the get go. That's so much for sending that link.
Were Brian Clemens and Linda Thorson on speaking terms at the convention?
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

A rather curious fact actually. Brian never spoke to Linda during the interview (one of them was with Linda and some of the producers). Linda asked for Brian's opinion once but he replied without looking at her directly. Odd... :?
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

Yes it is really quite silly this tension still exist between them. It was over 40 years ago.

They both made important contributions to the show and they both have their fans and detractors-like in real life. It's time to move on.