The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I can only answer the first part ...

The Golden Schlussel - rare short film starring Diana Rigg
The Mini-Killers - 4 part short film mini-series starring Diana Rigg
Director Laurence Bourne interview
Wish You Were Here? - Top Ten Avengers locations featurette
Death at Bargain Prices - alternate end tag
Hot Snow - Episode Reconstruction
Toy Trap - Episode Reconstruction
Newly discovered Series 5 archival trailer
German cinema trailer
Titan Avengers 50th Anniversary DVD booklet
Diana' Avengers Comic Strip booklet
Dandy Forsdyke on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:34 pm wrote:If I was a betting man, I'd bet that the grey disc will be issued separately. Optimum have got to do this to save some face after all the cock ups.
Wish I could have had that bet ...

i'm licking my chops over this set.....jeez 'o petes!!!
Mike
Nutshell

Post by Mike »

Anyone else had trouble removing the discs from the the complete anniversary editon boxset? Any tips?
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Mike wrote:Anyone else had trouble removing the discs from the the complete anniversary editon boxset? Any tips?
Lie the box flat on a solid surface, and open to the page you want.

Hold the 'page' containing the DVD at a right angle to the boxset, and push down gently. This will slightly compress the page, making the disc pockets loosen.
Mike
Nutshell

Post by Mike »

Thanks for that. Well I managed to get the discs out but I'm wondering whether the season 3 discs are faulty, I've tried several in my DVD drive and on each one, the picture of the Studio Canal logo dominates the screen, even when you get to the episode menu. You hear the sound clips on the menu screen but most of the images are covered by a black image saying 'Studio Canal'. Weird!!
The other season discs in the complete box set appear to play all right it's just season 3 where the logo image gets stuck ! Anyonr else had this problem?
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Mike wrote:Thanks for that. Well I managed to get the discs out but I'm wondering whether the season 3 discs are faulty, I've tried several in my DVD drive and on each one, the picture of the Studio Canal logo dominates the screen, even when you get to the episode menu. You hear the sound clips on the menu screen but most of the images are covered by a black image saying 'Studio Canal'. Weird!!
The other season discs in the complete box set appear to play all right it's just season 3 where the logo image gets stuck ! Anyonr else had this problem?
Maybe some sort of test disc? If optimum aren't liable to respond just take it or send it back to where you got it from for exchange.
Mike
Nutshell

Post by Mike »

Well after contacting Studio Canal, I sent back my faulty Season 3 discs to them at the end of last week. Today, I received a package from them in the post. Unfortunately, these discs appear to have the same problem -looks like I'll be contacting them again tomorrow about getting corrected discs !!!
cybermanz
Thingumajig

Post by cybermanz »

And I had just placed an order for the complete boxset which, having read your comments on series 3, I've now cancelled.

I wonder because the set sold out that this new batch contains a faulty series 3.

Soo much trouble these Optimum discs have caused.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

My discs all work fine in the DVD player but I've only tested 1 & 2 in a PC drive (but I've watched parts of all of them in the past).

Was it in a DVD player or a PC DVD drive? Which brand/model?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Argh!

Optimum/Canal have been so unlucky with these. I wonder if they employed a "cheap" authoring house.

It's so galling after Alan and Jaz (and a few others) put in so much effort making sure the content was so good.

Though in future decades it will be remembered that a fine show was shown sufficient attention - at least in the pre-authoring stage; the rarity of properly-working disks might make them even more valued!
Last watched: "Concerto"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Mike wrote:Well after contacting Studio Canal, I sent back my faulty Season 3 discs to them at the end of last week. Today, I received a package from them in the post. Unfortunately, these discs appear to have the same problem -looks like I'll be contacting them again tomorrow about getting corrected discs !!!
I thought season 3 was the only set that was unaffected by faults. :shock: :?
I'm still on season 2, so haven't got to season 3 yet. I've played and skipped through several season 3 episodes, but I can't find anything wrong yet. Does anyone know what faults I should be looking out for with season 3? Season 2 looks terrific by the way! :) Rich.