The Avengers DVD Set 5 (Series 6) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The office is in the same place. Just a name change.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

cyberrich wrote:Got my series 6 box set this morning. A bargain at £18 from cavalcade, but as I thought, it does have the duff disc 1 and disc 5. Rich.
Actually, I may have jumped the gun here. I'm not sure if they are the duff discs after all. :? It doesn't say V3 on the disc so I assumed it was duff. I've now played Forget me knot and it sounds fine to me. Not high pitched. I'll have to dig out my old video and compare it. How high pitched was the duff disc? Was it very noticable? Should my disc say V3 or did they only do that on series 5? I've also now played bits of Legacy of death and I can't see any faults. Where about in the episode is the flickering? I'm very happy with what I've seen so far of my set. Thanks, Rich.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I'd hazard a guess that you have a corrected set as you'd notice the problem with Legacy of Death right from the start. The brightness 'pulses' light and dark very obviously on the cocked-up version.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Alan wrote:I'd hazard a guess that you have a corrected set as you'd notice the problem with Legacy of Death right from the start. The brightness 'pulses' light and dark very obviously on the cocked-up version.
Thanks Alan,
no, I was right first time. It's not the corrected version of Legacy. I'm not too sure about Forget me knot. :? I've just compared my old video of Forget me knot which is pitched slightly lower than the dvd. It is only slightly. I wouldn't have realised the dvd of Forget me knot was pitched too high though. I read on here that Steed and Emma sounded like they were on helium. :? It doesn't sound like that on my disc, but it is very slightly higher pitched than the video. I really wouldn't have noticed anything wrong had I not read it on here though, as it doesn't sound too bad on my disc 1. Does anyone know what it says on the corrected disc 1? I don't have V3 on my disc.
I didn't play Legacy from the start initially. I just pressed next and skipped through, noticing nothing wrong. The flickering seems to be just during the start of the episode. Not sure how long the flickering continues, as I only played a few seconds.
I guess I'll return disc 1 though. Picture quality is superb by the way. I was surprised how muddy the video looked when I watched a bit of my old video after the dvd. Rich.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

On the back of the corrected disc 1 I received it says;

OPTD1752/1 V2 LAYER 1 / 078892 / DVD9

Anyone here actually sent away for a replacement Legacy disc?
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Thanks cybernowt,
mine doesn't say V2 so it's not the corrected disc. I'll send it back to 50 Marshall St, an address they're hopefully still using. Thanks, Rich.
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

I'd love to have a correct version of Legacy Of Death.....has anyone had success at getting that disc replaced from Optimum/Canal?
Noel
Little Wonder

I DID

Post by Noel »

HAPPY NEW TO ONE AND ALL
I DID LAST YEAR AND ALSO THE BOUNS DVD ASWELL BUT IT DID TAKE ALOT OF EMAILS TO GET IT DONE. :lol:
The Avengers will always be in my heart like it always will be in your's

ABC Your Weekend Television in The North & The Midlands

Last Listed To: "Dragonfield"

Last Watched: "Dial a Deadly Number"
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

Thanks Noel....I'll have to give it a go....I'm a bit reluctant to send off the disc without knowing I can either have it replaced, or at the very least returned.
Noel
Little Wonder

DO NOT SEND BACK

Post by Noel »

Mr S wrote:Thanks Noel....I'll have to give it a go....I'm a bit reluctant to send off the disc without knowing I can either have it replaced, or at the very least returned.
HI MR S YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND OF THE DISC ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS EMAIL THEM AND LET THEN KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THE DVD AND TELL THEM WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY TO HAVE THE RIGHT DVD THAT YOU SHOULD HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THAN YOU WILL GET YOUR COPY IN THE POST.
I HAVE DONE THIS WILL ALL OF THE DVDS THAT WAS NOT RIGHT AND I GOT ALL NEW COPYS IN THE POST.
ALL THE BEST WITH IT.
NOEL :D
The Avengers will always be in my heart like it always will be in your's

ABC Your Weekend Television in The North & The Midlands

Last Listed To: "Dragonfield"

Last Watched: "Dial a Deadly Number"