Someone Has Stolen Big Ben (ABC Groovy Mix)

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
next thursday
Little Wonder

Peter Bowles

Post by next thursday »

I am currently enjoying TO THE MANOR BORN. Again.

Bowles is a gem in anything he does. He played one of the best Murats I've seen in "Napoleon and Love" 6 parter back in early 80's. Ian Holmes' Napoleon can't be beat.

(Next best Murat is in Gance's "Napoleon")
I didn't sell out. I bought in.

I made you a Soul but I ate it.

Science isn't a Belief, it's Understanding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfuso/
http://blogs.delphiforums.com/alfuso/start
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

thesaintlyone wrote:Kim thanks for the kind words, if you have an idea you should have a go, or pass the idea on to someone else who can realise it. Just be prepared to spend ages trying to get it right.
Definitely! Even the shortest compilations can take ages to get the timing right (my Kinky Boots one took entirely too long for something that flashes by in 98 seconds). But you should definitely give it a try if you've got an idea. It's great fun, quite addictive. (And I'd had these ideas bouncing around my head for years, so it was nice to realise them). I'd be happy to point you to programs, and I'm sure thesaintlyone would as well.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

thesaintlyone wrote:Artanis thanks to PhilippaRM I am just watching Death Dispatch, one mercy for the show not being avaliable on dvd is there is no point in taking up copyright as far as i can see. So far the episode whilst completely different than any Avengers ep i've ever seen, it is more like "Dangerman!" Is good.
Yes, it took a few episodes for me to adjust to the different style of the Cathy Gale era but now I really enjoy them and find it a nice change of pace from the later seasons.
Allen
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
thesaintlyone wrote:Kim thanks for the kind words, if you have an idea you should have a go, or pass the idea on to someone else who can realise it. Just be prepared to spend ages trying to get it right.
Definitely! Even the shortest compilations can take ages to get the timing right (my Kinky Boots one took entirely too long for something that flashes by in 98 seconds). But you should definitely give it a try if you've got an idea. It's great fun, quite addictive. (And I'd had these ideas bouncing around my head for years, so it was nice to realise them). I'd be happy to point you to programs, and I'm sure thesaintlyone would as well.
Great fun and quite addictive...Hmmm...Those same words were used once by a member of this board...one of the moderators in fact, who shall remain nameless (ShaggE), when he was trying to convince me to join a karakoe site and participate in it. "Oh it's great fun mom. You'll become addicted to it mom. Come join the fun mom." :x
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

kim wrote:Great fun and quite addictive...Hmmm...Those same words were used once by a member of this board...one of the moderators in fact, who shall remain nameless (ShaggE), when he was trying to convince me to join a karakoe site and participate in it. "Oh it's great fun mom. You'll become addicted to it mom. Come join the fun mom." :x
Oh dear. Er, well, fanvids tend to have less in the way of public embarrassment and large quantities of alcohol (or so I assume, never having gone anywhere near a place that even thought about doing karaoke, but I digress...) It's a fun thing to play with, is all, if you've got a good idea...

kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
kim wrote:Great fun and quite addictive...Hmmm...Those same words were used once by a member of this board...one of the moderators in fact, who shall remain nameless (ShaggE), when he was trying to convince me to join a karakoe site and participate in it. "Oh it's great fun mom. You'll become addicted to it mom. Come join the fun mom." :x
Oh dear. Er, well, fanvids tend to have less in the way of public embarrassment and large quantities of alcohol (or so I assume, never having gone anywhere near a place that even thought about doing karaoke, but I digress...) It's a fun thing to play with, is all, if you've got a good idea...
No alcohol involved I'm afraid. I'm not talking about a small time bar where only a few unknown neighbors and a couple of drunks would have seen me...Noooo...I'm talking about the world wide web! He wanted me to post myself singing on line! Fortunately I rarely drink and I never drink to access, so I wasn't fully pulled into his sadistic little world there.

Anyway, I am tempted to play around with a video, even if it never does see the light of day. Be ready to be bombarded by a load of questions though...
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

kim wrote:No alcohol involved I'm afraid. I'm not talking about a small time bar where only a few unknown neighbors and a couple of drunks would have seen me...Noooo...I'm talking about the world wide web! He wanted me to post myself singing on line! Fortunately I rarely drink and I never drink to access, so I wasn't fully pulled into his sadistic little world there.

Anyway, I am tempted to play around with a video, even if it never does see the light of day. Be ready to be bombarded by a load of questions though...
Ah, I see. Sort of like Ethan on jPod (which was a brilliant Canadian show about game designers in Vancouver that aired this year and was sadly cancelled by the CBC. I wrote letters, I did). He did end up online. I wouldn't want that either. But fanvids are safer! By all means, ask questions (although I may be a bit slow getting back the way things are going just now.)

Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

I saw this video on Youtube a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it :D
Oliver Twist
Nutshell

Re: Someone Has Stolen Big Ben (ABC Groovy Mix)

Post by Oliver Twist »

I've just watched it...and it's really cool. The show from that era does have a more spontaneous feel to it - especially the acting. I think that gives it a certain energy and a certain....edginess.

I would be interested to see more of the Cathy Gale episodes. Unfortunately - in terms of television watching - she was just before my time. My first memories of the Avengers are from the Emma Peel era...

I really loved that bit where Steed pulls the gun with the silencer on the other bloke - Peter Barkworth, I think was the actor's name. The way he turned that situation around was really cool. And sharp. Quite James Bond-ish....but it worked really well.
thesaintlyone
Nutshell

Post by thesaintlyone »

Thanks for the appreciation, I have to agree the videotaped series certainly has a great edgyness to it and artistically I probably prefer it now. The moment you talk about unfortunately never went down in Avengers history as the sfx and the dialogue were just too low, thats where I had a hand replacing the old effect with better one from the era, making that moment what It should have been, bloody funny and really very cool, certainly not the Steed most people know anyhow.

Just a note on that someone mentioned that Steed had to change his act after letting Mrs Gale down and started to act like a old gent, this is confirmed in the novel Dead Duck. Flashes of the old Steed and certainly present in several of the later series.
the saintly one, thats me.