The Avengers: The Definitive DVD Collection (partwork)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

I got Issue 1 and 2 off eBay just to have the first two. I was interested in getting a few of the restored episodes to see them before spending a lot on the box sets. I should have it in a week or so. I'll give an update once I get them in hand.

Brad
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

As far as I'm aware, the partworks won't be using the restored prints in any case, so please don't judge the boxsets on the partwork discs!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

Oh, well they didn't cost that much anyway, but it will be fun to have for the magazine and the cases. I did notice Optimum's logo on there so assumed they would be the restored versions. Thanks for the heads up!

Brad
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

I got the DVD's and magazines today. The first magazine and DVD are mounted on a card with some information on the back of the card. The second issue came in a bag along with a cardboard storage box for the magazines. I'll take a few pictures and post them later.

I played the second DVD using VLC media player on my laptop. I did notice the sound was slightly faster than it should be. I attribute this to it being a PAL DVD. The picture is nice and clear, but does have some specks and scratches now and then, so it does appear these are not the newest restored prints as Alan mentioned in his previous post. I probably won't get the whole partwork, but it is fun to have these two in my collection.

Brad
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I see all the links are working now.

http://www.avengers-collection.com/subscribe_av.html
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Of course, me being a cynical cove, does anyone else think that the fact that an Avengers Calendar is given away as a free gift with the subscription may be the reason that Slow Dazzle haven't been able to get a new deal to produce their Avengers calendars???
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

I tooks a few shots of the two issues. See below. I took magazine 2 out of the bag and a little note from the publisher fell out. It said that Issue 2 was the last one for a while and that they would be suspending the releases for a future date. I'm not really sure when these two issues came out, so not sure if or when they might start up again. On the magazines they say a new one comes out every two weeks. Maybe they hit a snag. The box set releases are probably keeping them from getting any profits.

Brad
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I would be very grateful if anyone who has the second partwork issue or the 'Town of No Return' issue could please drop me a line.

I would like to add these releases to The Avengers Declassified's Little Wonders section, but was only able to find the first issue (Girl on the Trapeze, Frighteners with the surviving material of Hot Snow).

http://declassified.theavengers.tv/wonders_main.htm

Thanks.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Do partworks ever go longer than one or two issues?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Avengers partworks don't!

The Danger Man and The Prisoner ones completed their runs and The Saint one went on for quite a while.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger