Who are you?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Gordon Webster here.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Gordon Webster? Worrying!

I'm probably the delusional chap played by Hugh Burden from "The Grandeur That was Rome"! Living in a world of his own, obsessed with the past... and ripped off by all comers...
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dan wrote:Gordon Webster here.
can't go wrong here...
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Frankymole wrote:Gordon Webster? Worrying!
Have to admit though - I've never actually had the courage to call a girl "Ducky"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Dan wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Gordon Webster? Worrying!

Have to admit though - I've never actually had the courage to call a girl "Ducky"
interesting...nickname...'ducky'.....LOL
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

shaunodan wrote:Purdey 8)
With a bit of Rhonda thrown in for good measure :lol:
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

shaunodan wrote:
shaunodan wrote:Purdey 8)
Who wouldn't like to imagine themselves as being Purdey :lol: Sexy, Stylish ,Posh and capable of throwing a withering look that would have many either a little reticient to answer Purdey's Challenge OR razor keen to put Purdey to the test :oops: Purdey is an enigma and I'd rather fancy being in her boots to experience what she I feel could experience :D
You know, I do not see Purdey that way at all. I don't see her as "posh" or an enigma, which is why I personally related to her, not being either of those myself.

I see her as more down to earth, easy-going, smart, friendly. She doesn't have a "posh" apartment; it's very normal looking, down stairs from the street, and has glass string bead doors. She throws more smiles and fun looks than withering ones. She has a good sense of humor, and also can have a bit of hero worship in her (as she does with Steed). She is comfortable around men, but isn't ruled or controlled by them. She has a heart, and can be hurt, and isn't afraid to ask for help, or be grateful when it arrives. She has the capacity to change and grow, say to go from ballet to secret agent service. She is athletic, yet very sexy. She loves loose, flowing clothes. She is very capable, but also comfortable being lead and directed by those she respects and works with and under.

Just a wonderful character.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Her basement flat is in one of the most fashionable, expensive streets in London.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Rodders wrote:Her basement flat is in one of the most fashionable, expensive streets in London.
But, really, so what? So she made money from ballet and being paid as an agent, and has a good location.

Purdey certainly did not decorate it as posh; it's very average looking, as I said.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Mona wrote:
Rodders wrote:Her basement flat is in one of the most fashionable, expensive streets in London.
But, really, so what? So she made money from ballet and being paid as an agent, and has a good location.

Purdey certainly did not decorate it as posh; it's very average looking, as I said.
depends how one views as 'average' looking