Emmapeeler on the Antiques Roadshow

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

who is the dealer that has these old mass market suits?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

Oh he's afriend of mine, David Oliver, he's mainly a prop guy and he loaned me one of Steeds Original bowler hats from his personal collection, for the 50th anniversay celebartions.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

why bother wrote:Oh he's afriend of mine, David Oliver, he's mainly a prop guy and he loaned me one of Steeds Original bowler hats from his personal collection, for the 50th anniversay celebartions.
Oh lucky you. One day I'd like to buy one of his emmapeelers. I wonder if a good dress designer could make one close enough. What sizes did they come out with?
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

I've never checked what the sizes on them are to be honest, I think all the ones I've seen are quite small possibly a UK 10. I really don't know.
I think you could probably find a dress maker to make you one, if you look on some of the cosplay sites I've seen some very impressive recreations in the past.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

what a great site! How do you know about this stuff? It seems more modern day that having anything retro but I am impressed.
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

Well the Museum site is mine which is still being constructed, and every item on the site is something that I own. I've been collecting TV / Film stuff for over 30 years.
The Cosplay stuff I don't know that much about but have a few friends into it , so have looked at a few sites in the past, it seems to spill out onto the TV/Film Comic mart scene quite a lot.
I will have a little hunt and find you a couple of Cosplay Mrs Peels.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

why bother wrote:Well the Museum site is mine which is still being constructed, and every item on the site is something that I own. I've been collecting TV / Film stuff for over 30 years.
The Cosplay stuff I don't know that much about but have a few friends into it , so have looked at a few sites in the past, it seems to spill out onto the TV/Film Comic mart scene quite a lot.
I will have a little hunt and find you a couple of Cosplay Mrs Peels.
why bother you are so sweet!!! 8). I am most impressed with your site. What a wonderful collection you must have!!
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

I found you this on an American site if it's of interest to you.

http://www.richemporium.com/emmapeel.html

Also here are a couple of the best copies of Emmapeelers I've seen on Cosplay sites.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samaritanx/1355567155/

You need to scrol down a little for this one.

http://www.costumestationzero.com/?p=512
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Thank you soooo much! 8) The 2nd and 3rd link, are those for sale or just viewing? The blue and pink one is really gorgeous. Many thanks for searching this out!!!
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

Tthe 2nd and 3rd are just for viewing I think. The Blue one with the cut out I though was just fantastic.
So acurate to the costume in the show, some of these cosplay people go to such lengths to create screen acurate replicas.