The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

I'm assuming a glass of complimentary champagne will be on offer to all attendees.... :P
Last watched: The Undertakers
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Halfhide wrote:I'm assuming a glass of complimentary champagne will be on offer to all attendees.... :P
Sparkling Apple cider for us teetotalers.

If only Macnee and Rigg would show up. :idea: They really should, since it is a 50th Anniversary Celebration of the series that gave the both of them international stardom, that's all. It would be a lovely thing to see them together again.
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

MRotten wrote:
Halfhide wrote:I'm assuming a glass of complimentary champagne will be on offer to all attendees.... :P

If only Macnee and Rigg would show up. :idea: They really should, since it is a 50th Anniversary Celebration of the series that gave the both of them international stardom, that's all. It would be a lovely thing to see them together again.
Sadly, I think a trip like that would be a bit too much for Pat at 88. Perhaps a video could be made with a few words from him. As for Diana, it would be nice if she would do this one event for the 50th.

Even better, they could do a video together with a little Steed and Mrs. Peel banter! :D
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I think dear Patrick would be too frail to travel these days. Diana would rather stick pins in her eyes of course ...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

oneknightsteed wrote:
MRotten wrote:

Sadly, I think a trip like that would be a bit too much for Pat at 88. Perhaps a video could be made with a few words from him. As for Diana, it would be nice if she would do this one event for the 50th.

Even better, they could do a video together with a little Steed and Mrs. Peel banter! :D
Some sort of acknowledgement from the two of them would be most welcome and good-spirited.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Blog site updated today...

http://blogs.chi.ac.uk/theavengers/?p=77

I ask the most stupid questions!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Sounds good. I had an idea Paul O' Grady would be there in some capacity.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

MRotten wrote:
oneknightsteed wrote:
MRotten wrote: Sparkling Apple cider for us teetotalers.

Some sort of acknowledgement from the two of them would be most welcome and good-spirited.
I noticed in the first post in the blog about the Celebration that "there will also be a very special video message from Patrick Macnee..." That's great and I hope Dame Diana Rigg, if she can't appear, will send a message too.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Sounds good. I had an idea Paul O' Grady would be there in some capacity.
Great news ! I'm almost as big a fan of O'Grady as I am of The Avengers. :D

I shall book for this event as soon as the booking opens. :)
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

MRotten wrote:
If you're a teetotaller, don't ask for cider in Britain. It's more alcoholic than beer!
Last watched: "Concerto"