The Avengers - series 6 (set 5) DVD special features

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Re: Disappointed

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

supersimon wrote:Disappointed that Linda has not participated in the DVD release, surely she could have done 1 or 2 commentaries. Was she approached? Did she turn it down? Does anyone know?
As I understand it, there was an issue over the fee.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Madelow
Nutshell

Post by Madelow »

Hello Jaz & all: I'm sure this question won't surprise anyone: how long before series six dvds will be available in America? Best regards, madelow.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Still working my way through this box set, and the latest one I've watched is Legacy of death. I had heard there were problems so I ordered the corrected disc. On the V1 disc there is the flashing and dimming problem, a few minutes at the start and the end, though strangely it's fine for the middle bulk of the episode. On V2 this problem is corrected, but the pitching is too high as with the previous season before that too was corrected. I'll keep both discs seeing as there's going to be no further corrections, but I think I'll prefer to watch the one with correct pitching and suffer the dimming.
I've managed to get all corrected discs on all box sets, so am I right in thinking Legacy of death is the only episode out of all 6 seasons not quite perfect :?: Rich.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Rich, yes, that's my understanding. Though some viewers find the audio noise reduction too overpowering on the film episodes, and there are some odd framing choices on a few episodes with extraneous off-set details like stuntmen's hands and camera operator's feet coming into shot as a result; not mastering faults, really, though. It's probably the best the episodes will ever get.
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Rich, yes, that's my understanding. Though some viewers find the audio noise reduction too overpowering on the film episodes, and there are some odd framing choices on a few episodes with extraneous off-set details like stuntmen's hands and camera operator's feet coming into shot as a result; not mastering faults, really, though. It's probably the best the episodes will ever get.
the transfers are only as good as the original source material...if they were stored poorly, then problems..etc...and money spent for massive
restoring, is less money for promotion, etc..in my opinion...