The Avengers - Series 5 + 6 replacement discs

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

Thanks supersimon. That is great news!
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

Thats great news. I haven't got the set yet but Tara is on her way to me as I type so I'm really looking forward to that.

I do think it would be a good idea if anyone on here (if anyone) has written one of the crucifying reviews that are appearing on Amazon etc, might like to add that there is going to be a replacement scheme. It does look so sad to see Series 5 and 6 with 2 and 3 star ratings a piece when they do so clearly deserve more.
torishu
White Dwarf

Post by torishu »

Simon, that is certainly encouraging news and sets my mind at ease as much as can reasonably be expected concerning the complete series set coming in March.

Thank you very much!

Agreed on the reviews, norw27! If these corrected discs meet to our satisfaction, we should certainly reward Optimum with due credit and rate the final product accordingly.

Now if we could just get this entire series in a reasonable state and start discussing the extras and content, I'd be most relieved. ;)
Prendergast
Thingumajig

Post by Prendergast »

Great news about Amazon getting corrected stock early next year. I will purchase as soon as I read here that it is safe to do so. Same goes for series 6 if Forget-Me-Knot is corrected as well.

:)
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

torishu wrote:
Now if we could just get this entire series in a reasonable state and start discussing the extras and content, I'd be most relieved. ;)
Yes wouldn't that be wizard!
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

norw27 wrote:
I do think it would be a good idea if anyone on here (if anyone) has written one of the crucifying reviews that are appearing on Amazon etc, might like to add that there is going to be a replacement scheme. It does look so sad to see Series 5 and 6 with 2 and 3 star ratings a piece when they do so clearly deserve more.
Yes i absolutely agree with that. The series 6 set for example is fantastic (minus the odd sound on FMK) with some wonderful extras, commentaries and picture galleries with the picture looking AMAZING. There's been so much time and effort put into these releases by fans which they have done simply for the love of the show with regards bonus features and ensuring the prints are completely uncut.
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

REVISED STATEMENT (ALSO ADDED TO FRONT OF THREAD):

AVENGERS SERIES 5 & 6 AUDIO ISSUE

It has come to our attention that the audio of all the Avengers Series 5 episodes and one episode (“THE FORGET-ME-KNOT” on Disc One) of Series 6 carries a pitch level that some people may feel is too high. We recognise that some viewers are dissatisfied with the current audio as it stands and so we have returned to each of the effected episodes and pitch shifted the sound throughout to a lower level that has now addressed the concerns raised.

The revised versions of the episodes will be ready from the beginning of January 2011 and if you wish to replace your current Series 5 discs and Disc One of Series 6 please send the your current discs (separate from the original packaging) with your return address and we will endeavour to return the new versions to you within two weeks from the beginning of January.

Please return your discs to:

The Avengers Series 5/6
Optimum Releasing
50 Marshall Street
London
W1F 9BQ

Many thanks

Optimum Releasing
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mike654
White Dwarf

Post by mike654 »

Does anyone know if I was to buy series 5 from Amazon UK or HMV I would get the corrected discs in the set.
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

Great! If only I had waited a few more days before sending my series 5 DVD's to Optimum (series 6 is currently in transit from the UK), I would have saved a little bit on shipping... oh, well.
mike654 wrote:Does anyone know if I was to buy series 5 from Amazon UK or HMV I would get the corrected discs in the set.
According to the last post of the first page of this thread, it looks like retailers (online or not) will get the corrected versions eventually, but they definitely would not have them at this time.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Macfly77 wrote:Great! If only I had waited a few more days before sending my series 5 DVD's to Optimum (series 6 is currently in transit from the UK), I would have saved a little bit on shipping... oh, well.
mike654 wrote:Does anyone know if I was to buy series 5 from Amazon UK or HMV I would get the corrected discs in the set.
According to the last post of the first page of this thread, it looks like retailers (online or not) will get the corrected versions eventually, but they definitely would not have them at this time.
Me, too. I sent my set back to Amazon UK just 2 days before the announcement. Oh well. I'll re-purchase in January; that's when the set will be safe to buy again, with the corrected speed on the episodes.