Any big fans of Tara King?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

And she replied 2 weeks later, which was very quick. I remember I had written 11 pages (I'm easily inspired :lol: ) as well as photos from my collection (10 photos or something). It's just been a year that I had done that (June 4th 2010). Now, I've got a better idea...a bunch of roses for her birthday that i'll offer her especially in Chichester. :)
Last edited by JohnSteedFr on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

Has anyone seen this Tara King doll. I think it must of been custom made.

Someone called Tara King on Facebook posted the image on there profile.
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I had just seen another Tara King doll which didn't look like her, just a bit but it wasn't quite convincing.
However, I like the doll from your photo. Ms King is so cute in her early days as Steed's partner. :D

Good fortune, Tara is a friend of mine on facebook. :lol: Wish Linda had facebook though, the REAL Ms King. :)
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

JohnSteedFr wrote:I had just seen another Tara King doll which didn't look like her, just a bit but it wasn't quite convincing.
However, I like the doll from your photo. Ms King is so cute in her early days as Steed's partner. :D

Good fortune, Tara is a friend of mine on facebook. :lol: Wish Linda had facebook though, the REAL Ms King. :)
We talking about the same Tara King? I'm friends with her as well.
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

:lol: It's a small world.
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

JohnSteedFr wrote::lol: It's a small world.
It is yes. I look forward to watching more of my Series 6 Boxset.:)
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

George wrote:
Darren wrote:I got my avatar from the "introduction to Linda Thorson trailer" which seems to have an alternative shot of the one used in the episode.
So this trailer, where can it be viewed?
It's on the boxset somewhere but here's a link to the video on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nenn8Vd6Mc
supersimon
Thingumajig

Post by supersimon »

I too am a huge Tara King fan - love her to bits. In terms of episodes I would recommend, I am slowly working my way through the boxset, having watched all of them in the 80s and again on VHS in the 90s.

Tried hard to like Homicide and Old Lace, but being honest, it is a dogs breakfast. However, while it has weaknesses (continuity errors for example), Have Guns Will Haggle has something to offer and personally, I like it a lot, partly cos Tara looks so good. Equally, Look Stop Me.....has its critics, but is tremendous fun!

My favourite is Stay Tuned, a really creepy episode with a lot to offer and Love All is worthy of mention.

Great to have an appreciative Tara thread on the forum - thanks to whoever began it!
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

Darren wrote:
George wrote:
Darren wrote:I got my avatar from the "introduction to Linda Thorson trailer" which seems to have an alternative shot of the one used in the episode.
So this trailer, where can it be viewed?
It's on the boxset somewhere but here's a link to the video on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nenn8Vd6Mc
Thanks for the link to the trailer. I wonder why on the dvd version I have it doesn't have Tara wearing the bowler hat?
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

By the way have seen some great pics of Patrick and Linda together on ebay, but I don't know what year the pics were taken?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Linda-Thorson-AVE ... 1101wt_905

The seller is selling 3 pictures/photos from the same period of Pat and Linda, and is from the US.
supersimon wrote: Great to have an appreciative Tara thread on the forum - thanks to whoever began it!
Your very welcome. Was wondering has anyone here made any desktop wallpapers with Steed and Tara in?:)
Last edited by George on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"