New Avengers Comic in August 2012

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Tannerman
White Dwarf

Post by Tannerman »

Got my hands on the new series today. First issue is a #00 issue. It's not too bad.
Tannerman
White Dwarf

Post by Tannerman »

For those who can't get a physical copy, the comic is available digitally via Comixology
Brisco
Nutshell

Post by Brisco »

Well, I, for one, loved it! I've read all the spin-off novels and comics over the years, and I thought Mark Waid nailed the characters' voices better than just about anyone else in this issue. The art isn't quite up to the quality of the writing (looks like Boom! probably didn't clear likeness rights for the actors), but it does succeed in channeling the Sixties pop spirit quite well. Read my full review on the Double O Section:
http://doubleosection.blogspot.com/2012 ... eel-0.html
Go beyond The Avengers! Visit my spy blog, The Double O Section.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

More reviews...

Comic Book Resources review here.

Talking Comics review here.

Comic Art Community review here.

Expect some spoilers.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I picked mine up yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. It may be worth it to start up a second thread to discuss the actual plot, characterisation, art, etc. of the comic, so people can read these threads about release dates, cover art, and so on without having to worry about spoilers, particularly those who are waiting for the trade paperback rather than picking up the individual issues. I'll have a look at the reviews once I've read it myself. :)
Last edited by Timeless A-Peel on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I picked mine up yesterday
Take one for me, too. ;)
I haven't got the time at the moment to go to a comic shop...
Too much to work. :(

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I picked mine up yesterday
Take one for me, too. ;)
I haven't got the time at the moment to go to a comic shop...
Too much to work. :(
Sorry to hear that. They only had two copies left at my shop (don't know if they had more and had already sold them). I assume the other one will be gone by now, too. I hope you'll be able to pick one up soon. :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: Sorry to hear that. They only had two copies left at my shop (don't know if they had more and had already sold them). I assume the other one will be gone by now, too. I hope you'll be able to pick one up soon. :)
For the next time, I'm afraid not...
I've overexpanded my ligaments in my left foot today. :cry:
So, I can't go/drive anywere at the moment.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

Ouch! sorry to hear that, Sinus. I recommend plenty of ice....in a glass...with a large whisky wrapped around it! Also, watch continuous episodes of the Avengers. It may not help your foot, but it's guaranteed to lift your spirits! :D
Last edited by oneknightsteed on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
lotsofbrolly
Nutshell

Post by lotsofbrolly »

Well I've managed to download a copy from Comixology as recommended.

I've gotten the iPhone app for it too, and it's easily downloaded to a laptop etc. I've read the Gibson Issues and wasn't overly impressed with the story, or characters either. Very un-Steedlike, and un-Emmalike! And for the Peter Peel character, well, the less said about him the better!!

But the new comic by Waid. Well, as it is only a brief plot intro, and brief idea. I loved it! He has not only the characters accurate, but the drawings are amazing too! I was actually deeply touched by how well he has the interaction between Steed and Emma too :-) It is a definate MUST have for us all!! It will make a few people smile too :-)

So when you have a free minute, get these downloaded.

Lotsofbrolly

Anne xxx
Please visit my tumblr page:

http://lotsofbrolly.tumblr.com/

The Avengers - everything Steed and Mrs Peel.