The Date on the picture.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:That's a new one on me too.
If it's true, they must have done it after she came back for Forget-Me-Not--otherwise she would have sold it long before it filmed. The book lists Brian Clemens as a source, so perhaps he's the one who said it. I've never heard him mention it elsewhere, though. :?:
Maybe it was part-payment or even a gift to thank her for returning, she didn't need to, after all. We can almost regard "The Forget-Me-Knot" as a gift to the fans from Diana Rigg.
Perhaps. Diana was contractually obliged to return, really, and for one more episode than she actually did, but she could have been difficult about coming back, no question. Maybe it was simply a case of not needing it any longer--it would be difficult to reuse as it was identifiably "Emma's" car. So maybe they thought she was the best person to give it to, and a way to free up some storage space to boot.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Bah! They should have made her do Split! as well.

Split! would have worked as good as The Forget Me Knot as the title of the last Emma Peel episode. :)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

I wouldn't have thought that were true, surely they only hired the cars for the series? I have read somewhere that during this time Diana was with Phillip Saville and he had a Lotus Elan so maybe that's where the confusion lies.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

norw27 wrote:I wouldn't have thought that were true, surely they only hired the cars for the series? I have read somewhere that during this time Diana was with Phillip Saville and he had a Lotus Elan so maybe that's where the confusion lies.
Maybe--I've never heard that before, either. Maybe it's just a confusion over which Elan was which. I don't know if Emma's Elan was a loan or owned outright, either.

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
If it's true, they must have done it after she came back for Forget-Me-Not--otherwise she would have sold it long before it filmed. The book lists Brian Clemens as a source, so perhaps he's the one who said it. I've never heard him mention it elsewhere, though. :?:
Well, no. The Lotus Elan S3 does not appear in "The Forget-Me-Knot", it was last seen in "Mission... Highly Improbable". so could have been given to her after she endured that awful interview with that German guy.

(By the way, it's not officially powder blue either - SJH 499D is painted in what Lotus marketed as "glacier blue"; Lotus never named a colour "powder blue".)[/i]
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Peter Motte wrote:There are some b/w photo's about her Lotus, which clearly show a white Lotus.
See The Avengers Forever
By the way: the Lotus used at the Motor Show was afterwards used extensively as a demo car by Lotus' agent.
I can't imagine the car was used at the same time in the series too.
That site is wrong about other details, so don't take it as gospel.

The actual colour has always been contentious as a b/w picture clearly can't prove a certain colour, just tonality - it might equally have been silver, or aluminium, or glacier blue, or yellow for all we can tell from black and white evidence. I would love to see a colour photograph so we can close that particular debate forever.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

dissolute wrote:
Peter Motte wrote:There are some b/w photo's about her Lotus, which clearly show a white Lotus.
See The Avengers Forever
By the way: the Lotus used at the Motor Show was afterwards used extensively as a demo car by Lotus' agent.
I can't imagine the car was used at the same time in the series too.
That site is wrong about other details, so don't take it as gospel.
But nevertheless: the pictures here are correct pictures:

http://theavengers.tv/forever/cars-1.htm
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

dissolute wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Well, no. The Lotus Elan S3 does not appear in "The Forget-Me-Knot", it was last seen in "Mission... Highly Improbable". so could have been given to her after she endured that awful interview with that German guy.

(By the way, it's not officially powder blue either - SJH 499D is painted in what Lotus marketed as "glacier blue"; Lotus never named a colour "powder blue".)[/i]
I haven't watched The Forget-Me-Not in well over a decade, so my memories are a little hazy. Which car does she drive off with Peter in? I know it was a blueish colour--I assumed it was the Lotus.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Here you go ...

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Here you go ...

Thanks, Dandy. :) I guess it's not the Lotus. Peter Peel must have gone out and bought one as soon as he got home. :wink: