Rocky Taylor

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Yes he genuinely broke his finger! Or he might have damaged his wrist, one or the other. I know because in the show the following week, he had to perform the entire show wearing a cast or bandage on his hand and wrist.

I love the way that when the medics and production assistants are rushing around, one comes on with another balsa-wood stool, ready to do the stunt anyway. The show must go on :) Although it meant Rocky went through the window instead of Russell.

I feel like watching "Escape in Time" again now :)
Last watched: "Concerto"
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

i wish we had shows like this in the US. That was fabulous! I still cannot figure out how he hurt his hand but as you say the show must go on. I know a well known stunt man who is now retired in California. He said that when his nose was bleeding that they gave him a kleenex and told him not to bleed on the wardrobe! Yeah ridiculous sometimes how the show must go on!

Really loved the vid again. It was very special.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

anti-clockwise wrote:i wish we had shows like this in the US. That was fabulous! I still cannot figure out how he hurt his hand but as you say the show must go on. I know a well known stunt man who is now retired in California. He said that when his nose was bleeding that they gave him a kleenex and told him not to bleed on the wardrobe! Yeah ridiculous sometimes how the show must go on!

Really loved the vid again. It was very special.
stunt work back then..was brutal
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Soon!!! Book "Jump Rocky Jump". Autobiography of Rocky. :)

Planned release date: 18 April 2019.

Denis
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

He’s appearing on Good Morning Britain this Wednesday.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Is his book out yet?
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Interestingly, I found that Rocky Taylor appeared in the program "Val Parnell Presents... The London Palladium Story" by 18.08.1963 as Larry Taylor, jr.. Terry Brewer, who appeared in some early Avengers episodes (and maybe was as one of stunt doubles for series), also participated in this program.
Denis
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Bad news relayed via Al Samujh: "Just read from Mike Smith's feed that that supreme stunt performer Rocky Taylor is very, very ill with Coronavirus.

Please offer your most positive thoughts for Rocky, his loved ones and those heroes who are battling to save him, the hard-working doctors and nurses.

The film and TV world loves ya, Rocky - please get well."

Last edited by Frankymole on Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Franky, thanks for this information. Sadly, in these difficult times no one is safe from getting this virus. Every day we are notified on the news that the situation is getting worse. It’s too early even for China to talk about victory! The vaccine is still in development, no one knows how much to wait no matter who promised what.

Take care of your health, Franky, too. :wink:
Denis
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Thanks. You too. I had a slight temperature rise but it didn't become a fever, thank goodness.

One of the actors I liked in Doctor Who died recently of coronavirus/Covid-19, Hamish Wilson who played the "new faced Jamie" companion for 2 episodes in 1968. It's taking a terrible toll especially on our older generations :(