Avengers (and actor related) references in tv series

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Well, in 1998, the Spice Girls (who were very famous at that time) had made a film.
In a scene, Emma imitated Mrs Peel and we could hear the music of our Avengers ! :lol:
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

The episode of The Simpsons 'The Cartridge Family has Marge leaving the house at the end of the episode the a gun to the them tune of 'The Avengers'
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

There has been a TV advert recently for M&S with Jodie Kidd and the music used was 'The Avengers'.

On the 50th Anniversary of ITV there was a film in which Steed flicks the carnation towards Emma in a room of modern day celebs and Fern Britten who is standing next to Emma catches it - very clever!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Canadian series The Border had a plot last week involving an MI6 agent. One of the characters is the resident computer whiz, and she plops herself down at his station and starts typing away, leading him to cry "Hey! Back off, Emma Peel!" in protest.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Canadian series The Border had a plot last week involving an MI6 agent. One of the characters is the resident computer whiz, and she plops herself down at his station and starts typing away, leading him to cry "Hey! Back off, Emma Peel!" in protest.
That sounds hysterical. :lol:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Canadian series The Border had a plot last week involving an MI6 agent. One of the characters is the resident computer whiz, and she plops herself down at his station and starts typing away, leading him to cry "Hey! Back off, Emma Peel!" in protest.
If the CBC allows out-of-country viewing (and I think they do), you can see it for yourself here. It's season 2, episode 3, "Floral Tribute," at about 21:20. I love it when writers throw this stuff in.

DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
If the CBC allows out-of-country viewing (and I think they do), you can see it for yourself here. It's season 2, episode 3, "Floral Tribute," at about 21:20. I love it when writers throw this stuff in.

It says 'This content is currently unavailable' - but, thanks anyway :D
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote: That sounds hysterical. :lol:

It might not be available outside Canada, which is a shame. You can give it another shot, just in case something went down. I looked on youtube, but it's not there either.

Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

DiVicenzo wrote:
I tried to watch it but that's the message I got too.
Allen
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

On next week's Gadget Show (on FIVE 8pm Monday 27 October 2008, not the 28th!) Suzi Perry and Jon Bentley face a challenge
that is all about blowing things up!

The last part of the Blow Up challenge is a test between digital and film photography.

And this is how Suzi and Jon pose for the photo. Look familiar? :)

Last edited by Whiskers on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.