Rare Photos

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Great shots, Denis! :D I particularly love the one of Diana on the beach, looking all windswept, and the one of Linda. She looked great with long hair! Thanks for sharing!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Terrific photos, most of which are new to me. :D I have to wonder how many unseen photos are still out there. Rich.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Great shots, Denis! :D I particularly love the one of Diana on the beach, looking all windswept, and the one of Linda. She looked great with long hair! Thanks for sharing!
Jay, I also like that the early period of Linda when she had long hair. It can be described as "early 1970s" or "Linda in France." Sadly, very few photos of this period. Basically can see them in the press.
Photo "Diana on the beach" I had seen earlier, but rather small size. When I looked at it full size, then having quite a different feeling. Background just came alive in its details, and I admired. :)
Denis
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

denisrigg wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Great shots, Denis! :D I particularly love the one of Diana on the beach, looking all windswept, and the one of Linda. She looked great with long hair! Thanks for sharing!
Jay, I also like that the early period of Linda when she had long hair. It can be described as "early 1970s" or "Linda in France." Sadly, very few photos of this period. Basically can see them in the press.
Photo "Diana on the beach" I had seen earlier, but rather small size. When I looked at it full size, then having quite a different feeling. Background just came alive in its details, and I admired. :)
I've always thought Linda looked lovelier with long hair--whenever Tara donned her longer hair extensions, she looked great. Maybe she would have gone to a longer style if the show had carried on. Who knows?

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

ok Denis you have outdone yourself again. I have never seen linda with long hair. I am so used to her with the short cut she looks like almost a different person to me.
I have not seen most of these photos. very special. The one of Di stepping on the blackbelt. Where did you ever find that? Was that for some sort of commercial?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Thank you for posting those lovely photos of Di Rigg, Denis, my favourite is the very rare still - I've never seen before - on the set of A Sense of History - showing just how incredibly short Di's Robin Hood costume was. Where did you find that one? :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've always thought Linda looked lovelier with long hair--whenever Tara donned her longer hair extensions, she looked great. Maybe she would have gone to a longer style if the show had carried on. Who knows?
I totally agree, Jay, Linda looked great with long hair. :)
If she started the show with his real hair, then it could turn into another direction. Sadly for me that John Bryce saw the image of Miss King as blonde, meanwhile like real Linda's hair much better. :cry: When I first saw this mess in the episode "Homicide and Old Lace", I thought that Bryce was guided by way of Venus Smith. Hmm... :?
Different character types, but the role of Linda in blonde wig was some surface - it seemed that she was uncomfortable in all of this .
But then a joy to the eye. Brunette! :P Linda with long hair looks great in the episodes "...Two Fellers...", "My Wildest Dream" and "The Morning After" as an adult confident in yourself lady.
anti-clockwise wrote:ok Denis you have outdone yourself again. I have never seen linda with long hair. I am so used to her with the short cut she looks like almost a different person to me.
I have not seen most of these photos. very special. The one of Di stepping on the blackbelt. Where did you ever find that? Was that for some sort of commercial?
Yes, anti-clockwise, we are so accustomed to Linda's combat image in The Avengers, that when I first saw her with real long hair, I found it very feminine. I was pleasantly surprised. I just then forced myself to find more pictures of the early period and found a few. Below are two of them.

Oh, Di stepping on the blackbelt.
It's definitely sort of commercial, and was shot in 1960s. This photo you can found on the Internet. :wink:
I wonder are whether this pic from photo series published below? Look, much like that two of the judokas or the actors playing them are the same.

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Thank you for posting those lovely photos of Di Rigg, Denis, my favourite is the very rare still - I've never seen before - on the set of A Sense of History - showing just how incredibly short Di's Robin Hood costume was. Where did you find that one? :)
I have long time been searching for this pic in good quality, it was either with trademarks or in the tiny size. I almost lost faith that it ever happens. But the miracle!
This is the very funniest picture of a photo series of episode "A Sense of History" which I've ever seen. It is laced with humor and bright joy. Thank to those who gave us this fine images in a free internet. :D
Denis
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

denisrigg wrote:I totally agree, Jay, Linda looked great with long hair. :)
If she started the show with his real hair, then it could turn into another direction. Sadly for me that John Bryce saw the image of Miss King as blonde, meanwhile like real Linda's hair much better. :cry: When I first saw this mess in the episode "Homicide and Old Lace", I thought that Bryce was guided by way of Venus Smith. Hmm... :?
Different character types, but the role of Linda in blonde wig was some surface - it seemed that she was uncomfortable in all of this .
But then a joy to the eye. Brunette! :P Linda with long hair looks great in the episodes "...Two Fellers...", "My Wildest Dream" and "The Morning After" as an adult confident in yourself lady.

Yes, anti-clockwise, we are so accustomed to Linda's combat image in The Avengers, that when I first saw her with real long hair, I found it very feminine. I was pleasantly surprised. I just then forced myself to find more pictures of the early period and found a few. Below are two of them.
Yes, there was a definite trend toward the trying to make blonde Avengers girls, even when it didn't work out. We had Cathy, Venus, Rhonda, Purdey, and Forbes all blonde, the blonde Elizabeth Shepherd as the original Emma, and the blonde John Bryce Tara. That leaves our original Avengers girl, Carol Wilson, as the only one to have never been blonde in any iteration!

Linda looked better with her natural colouring, though, no question. I do like the fact that, because they were using wigs and hair extensions, they seemed to feel free to play with her hair more, and try different styles. Of all the Avengers women, they seemed to do the least with Emma's hair for some weird reason, which is a shame because Diana had lovely hair.

Do you think those karate shots could have been taken for the German Bravo! magazine? They have the same sort of random staging that a lot of their Diana photos did.

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Not sure I like the style on the first pic of Linda's long hair Denis, but I guess that was the style in the 70's.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yes, there was a definite trend toward the trying to make blonde Avengers girls, even when it didn't work out. We had Cathy, Venus, Rhonda, Purdey, and Forbes all blonde, the blonde Elizabeth Shepherd as the original Emma, and the blonde John Bryce Tara. That leaves our original Avengers girl, Carol Wilson, as the only one to have never been blonde in any iteration!

Linda looked better with her natural colouring, though, no question. I do like the fact that, because they were using wigs and hair extensions, they seemed to feel free to play with her hair more, and try different styles. Of all the Avengers women, they seemed to do the least with Emma's hair for some weird reason, which is a shame because Diana had lovely hair.

Do you think those karate shots could have been taken for the German Bravo! magazine? They have the same sort of random staging that a lot of their Diana photos did.
Right, Jay!
It seems that Julian Wintle with new team had its own taste in these things. When blonde Elizabeth Shepherd did not work out, they decided to reconsider things. I can not imagine today Diana Rigg as blonde Emma Peel. Thus a new image has been key to the international success of the series. Clemens apparently went off the beaten path and made Linda as brunette. Yes, Diana hairstyle little changed for three years, but who knows, maybe it was her whim. We know how Diana relatived to a leather. :wink:

Hmm ... Bravo magazine? This is something there. Yes, they have the same sort of random staging that a lot of their Diana photos did. I was always impressed by your thoughts, Jay. When you said this, I imagined in my mind Patrick touting brand Knirps umbrellas. :)
It is possible that this could be done in Germany, but it is hardly for the magazine Bravo. We would know it! Perhaps the answer is somewhere nearby. :wink:
Denis