John Bates: Fashion Designer book

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Great article on John Bates which mentions 'The Avengers' several times:

http://tinyurl.com/5oyfn7
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! :D

Yes, indeed beautiful photos of Diana
!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! :D

!
I can't believe they've been locked away so long! I only wish there were more of them. I can't wait to look at it properly. I'm almost afraid to touch the pages lest I fingerprint them up! :lol:

DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:

!
I can't believe they've been locked away so long! I only wish there were more of them. I can't wait to look at it properly. I'm almost afraid to touch the pages lest I fingerprint them up! :lol:
You'd be surprised how many new 'old' photos of Diana turn up!!! We get a surprise almost every month at MoR!!! :D
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:

!
You'd be surprised how many new 'old' photos of Diana turn up!!! We get a surprise almost every month at MoR!!! :D
I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. :D

DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: I can't believe they've been locked away so long! I only wish there were more of them. I can't wait to look at it properly. I'm almost afraid to touch the pages lest I fingerprint them up! :lol:
I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. :D
No, it's great to get these surprises from time to time :D
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. :D
There were tons of them, unique ones in negative and positive slide form, that went in that huge Avengers colelction on Ebay a few years back for thousands of dollars - lots of studio and publicity pics that no-one else has seen or owned before. I do wish I could have afforded them, they'd be public domain by now because they deserve to be seen!

Last watched: "The Charmers"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. :D
There were tons of them, unique ones in negative and positive slide form, that went in that huge Avengers colelction on Ebay a few years back for thousands of dollars - lots of studio and publicity pics that no-one else has seen or owned before. I do wish I could have afforded them, they'd be public domain by now because they deserve to be seen!

I remember that auction. I wanted to bid on it so badly but I didn't have anywhere near the amount it was going for. They were mostly of Diana, but I saw one or two of Gareth that I would have dearly loved to have. Every time I see an original photo auction on ebay, I wonder if it came from that lot.

DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:

I remember that auction. I wanted to bid on it so badly but I didn't have anywhere near the amount it was going for. They were mostly of Diana, but I saw one or two of Gareth that I would have dearly loved to have. Every time I see an original photo auction on ebay, I wonder if it came from that lot.
Me too - I think I saved the small images from those auctions to my computer...