Anticlockwise feedback

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

For some reason Amazon haven't included Piers and Rich on the contributors' section on their website. I've asked them to correct this and my apologies to both writers.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:For some reason Amazon haven't included Piers and Rich on the contributors' section on their website. I've asked them to correct this and my apologies to both writers.
But they have included their chapters. Right?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Rodders wrote: Frankymole took like a duck to water with All Done With Mirrors. The chapter does the episode justice, which is no easy task.
Ah thanks, that's lovely to hear - it was a real headache, not wanting to undersell my favourite, and try to work out why it *is* my favourite. I hope I don't have to write any other love letters or eulogies too soon! :)

Really looking forward to reading all the others. I don't mind little typos, all part of the joy of owning a first edition. Maybe it'll arrive when I'm still on holiday from work!

Have a lovely Christmas Rodney. And a very Merry Christmas, a Merrier Christmas (as Brandon Storey would say), to one and all!
Last edited by Frankymole on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "Concerto"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

anti-clockwise wrote:
Rodders wrote:For some reason Amazon haven't included Piers and Rich on the contributors' section on their website. I've asked them to correct this and my apologies to both writers.
I hope so Margo! :shock: Rodney assures me they have. :) Rich.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

There are loads of contributors not mentioned on the Amazon.co.uk version of the site, especially for Bright Horizons! I think it's a bit random.
Last watched: "Concerto"
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

cyberrich wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:
I hope so Margo! :shock: Rodney assures me they have. :) Rich.
:lol: that's terrible Rich. Your chapters are really fun to read. And we have all worked so hard on these. It seems like the book has been removed from Amazon. I am hoping it just because they are fixing it not withdrawing it from the market.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

I assume it is being fixed and amazon will put it back on the market?
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

It was taken off while the typos were being corrected. It should be back on tomorrow.
I think what makes this the most interesting of the three volumes so far is the polarity of opinion which Tara/Thorson/Season 6 creates among viewers.
I can understand critics/fans finding it disappointing as a collective body compared to Season 4, but surely if offers more variety and depth than the colour Peel season.
Episodes such as They Keep Killing Steed, Love All, Super Secret Cypher Snatch, Requiem, All Done With Mirrors, Game, Noon Doomsday, The Rotters, The Curious Case, and False Witness are gems.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

anti-clockwise wrote:
I assume it is being fixed and amazon will put it back on the market?
It is back on, in corrected form.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Got mine... Christmas reading!

I ask the most stupid questions!