New Avengers John Steed Broadspeed Jaguar Resin Model

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:
MikeR wrote:James

Wow! These are brilliant.

Steed's Bentley is mega, is that the one that sold for £300 or was one of the Bond vehicles?

Very impressive. Also he does not restict himself to the sixties and seventies, as he I've also seen that he has done cars from The Equalizer and Miami Vice.
Thanks Mike :)
I think the £250-£300 models could have been the Bond OHMSS cars and Columbo's Peugeot.
He only made a very few of the Ford Cougar and the Aston Martin DBS. He even made a model of the three-wheeler Messerschmitt micro car, driven by Mrs Peel in the end-tag from The Girl From Auntie, which went for a very high price.
James/Mrs Emma Peel
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Couldn't resist posting a few more images. The bidding on these starts at £39.99 and there are some on ebay at the moment, with a few bids on them.

The Ed Straker UFO car has had 16 bids so far with the current bid standing at £111.00. I also found a larger image of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Ford Thunderbird, which has had no bids, plus a smaller image of Danny Wilde's Ferrari from The Persuaders! that sold sometime ago.

The Equalizer Jaguar currently stands at £42.02, after three bids.

MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Okay, so I got off subject there, but I think these four will compensate for that.

Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

MikeR wrote:Couldn't resist posting a few more images

plus a smaller image of Danny Wilde's Ferrari from The Persuaders! that sold sometime ago.

I saw the Persauders! Dino at the time but didn't bid. Unfortunately it is probably one of his least successful recreations as the model is wrong, being the spider "GTS" version not the hardtop "GT". The most noticeable differences are the flat (removable) roof panel and the lack of rear windows.

I'm hoping one day he'll do a better one.

~iw
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Ian Wegg wrote:
MikeR wrote:Couldn't resist posting a few more images

plus a smaller image of Danny Wilde's Ferrari from The Persuaders! that sold sometime ago.

I saw the Persauders! Dino at the time but didn't bid. Unfortunately it is probably one of his least successful recreations as the model is wrong, being the spider "GTS" version not the hardtop "GT". The most noticeable differences are the flat (removable) roof panel and the lack of rear windows.

I'm hoping one day he'll do a better one.

~iw
Ian

Well spotted, I never noticed that the Ferrari was the wrong model. I suppose that finding certain models secondhand that can be transformed is somewhat difficult. I take it that you will bid should the correct Ferrari ever be used?
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

MikeR wrote:Well spotted, I never noticed that the Ferrari was the wrong model. I suppose that finding certain models secondhand that can be transformed is somewhat difficult. I take it that you will bid should the correct Ferrari ever be used?
Like many other fans I bought the Aston Martin DBS, I would probably make a bid for its companion if available.

~iw
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Brilliant pictures Mike. I love Purdey’s MGB and TR7 and The Equalizer Jaguar and the superb boxes.

I remember Jimmy asking me if I knew the colour of Steed’s Triumph Herald.
I sent him some b/w stills of Steed’s Triumph in Warlock - Cathy Gale Series 2 - in which the car seemed quite pale
and looked at various collector’s vintage Triumph Herald’s from the early sixties,
two-tone green or green and white seemed the classic colours, and as Steed's Bentley's
were racing green - the consensus was that the Triumph may have been light/pale green. He did a splendid job.
Last edited by mrs_emma_peel on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James/Mrs Emma Peel
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Ian Wegg wrote:
MikeR wrote:Well spotted, I never noticed that the Ferrari was the wrong model. I suppose that finding certain models secondhand that can be transformed is somewhat difficult. I take it that you will bid should the correct Ferrari ever be used?
Like many other fans I bought the Aston Martin DBS, I would probably make a bid for its companion if available.

~iw
Ian

Speaking of The Persuaders! Aston Martin DBS, here it is. Plus, there was also a Range Rover, driven by Brett Sinclair in the episode Chain of Events (I think I have the correct episode).

Last edited by MikeR on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Brilliant pictures Mike. I love Purdey’s MGB and TR7 and The Equalizer Jaguar and the superb boxes.

I remember Jimmy asking me if I knew the colour of Steed’s Triumph Herald.
I sent him some b/w stills of Steed’s Triumph in Warlock - Cathy Gale Series 2 - in which the car seemed quite pale
and looked at various collector’s vintage Triumph Herald’s from the early sixties,
two-tone green or green and white seemed the classic colours, and as Steed's Bentley's
were racing green - the consensus was that the Triumph may have been light/pale green. He did a splendid job.
James

Yes, the Triumph Herald is a surprisingly good choice for an Avengers model, seeing as it only appeared in one episode. I take it that in converting these vehicles that Jimmy chromeplates certain componants or he has varnish that looks like chrome?

Plus, I've also noticed that the tyres appear very shiny, so either all the cars get new tyres or something is painted onto them to give them this glossy finish.

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

What is the ebay username for these items? I've tried searching and I can't find them.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.