Patrick Macnee (1922-2015)

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

When Christopher Lee died, some time ago, I thought: "At least Patrick Macnee is still alive."
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch
Prendergast
Thingumajig

Post by Prendergast »

So very sad to hear this. He did live a long and interesting life.

Rest In Peace.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Such sad news, especially coming on the heels of Christopher Lee and Brian Clemens (earlier this year). :cry: It's the end of an era in many ways, but we can take solace from the fact that he was blessed with a long life and that he left an indelible, monumental legacy behind. Condolences to his family, who hopefully can take a modicum of comfort from the fact that he meant so much to so many people around the world.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Today the saddest day in Avengerland. :( :(

Died not only an excellent versatile actor and a gentleman with a big heart, but also the identity which raised my tastes to television programs, look at conservatism and even some life stance. :(

Unfortunately I have not communicated with Patrick ever, but with Alan Hayes and Christine Stutz had planned to interview him in this year.

:(
I forced to interrupt, because it is very sad to write the any things about Patrick today. :cry:

Rest of the world. Patrick Macnee forever! :cry:

Denis
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Really sad news - to say he'll be missed is an understatement. What a gentleman and a lovely, lovely man.
Last watched: The Undertakers
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Only a true gentleman like Patrick Macnee with his courtesy, charm, wit, kindness and humility could have created an unforgettable character like John Steed.
He will surely be deeply missed by his family and friends and always remembered fondly by those who enjoy his acting, especially in The Avengers.
Thanks Patrick for giving us so much joy as John Steed!
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

So very sad to hear about Patrick. I was fortunate enough to work with his son Rupert on a short film for The Avengers 50th anniversary featuring Patrick in 2011. That glint in the eye, that charm and warmth were all there as he spoke fondly about the show and the people who helped make it.

https://vimeo.com/25449406

He will be much missed.
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

MikeR wrote:I met Patrick just the once at a book signing for Deaf in One ear in Manchester. We spoke about both the taped and the filmed episodes and he seemed the complete gentleman, much as his John Steed character.

Thanks for the countless hours of pleasure with The Avengers, The New Avengers and various other film and TV roles.
I meant him that way as well. I already had skimmed some of the book and was thrilled to see him. I talked to him about his role in Rehearsal for Murder co-starring with Robert Preston and Lynn Redgrave.

I know we were all expecting it but it is still a blow to my gut. First Clemens, now MacNee. I pray the ladies will still be around for a while
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Very, very sad day.

The news has prompted an update at The Avengers Declassified:

http://declassified.theavengers.tv/stay ... ribute.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by peabody »

Terrible, sad news to wake up to. Patrick was the definition of a true gentleman. We wouldn't be here without him. He will be missed.