The Avengers back in Latin America and France on Eurochannel

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Incidentally, are the black-and-white Emma Peel episodes available on BluRay, and do they have any extra features on the set(s) that aren't already on the StudioCanal DVDs?
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:It's very sad that The New Avengers broadcast prints are in such a sad state, they really need sprucing up. The repeats on ITV4 looked almost as faded and poorly-graded as the ones on standard definition DVD. Not really acceptable for a broadcast free-to-air digital (and effectively terrestrial) channel.
some years ago, when A & E put out both the Thorson and New Avengers discs, they looked bad....barely a step past VHS..poor chroma, faded colors, scratched items, etc......I suspect the original source material. is in poor shape..hopefully, not...and a proper re mastering can take place...
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Network Releasing did a good job when they did the Last of the Cybernauts..? blu-ray.

Of course they hoped to do full boxset of The New Avengers but there were a few spanners in the worked which have stalled it - hopefully not forever.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: some years ago, when A & E put out both the Thorson and New Avengers discs, they looked bad....barely a step past VHS..poor chroma, faded colors, scratched items, etc......I suspect the original source material. is in poor shape..hopefully, not...and a proper re mastering can take place...
For Thorson episodes the original negatives should be in reasonable shape, and can be improved with cleanup during mastering for BluRay or 4K+ even frame-by-frame if budgets allow... but for TNA, Canal claimed to not even be able to locate the negatives for the series!!!! I hope they have now.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote: some years ago, when A & E put out both the Thorson and New Avengers discs, they looked bad....barely a step past VHS..poor chroma, faded colors, scratched items, etc......I suspect the original source material. is in poor shape..hopefully, not...and a proper re mastering can take place...
For Thorson episodes the original negatives should be in reasonable shape, and can be improved with cleanup during mastering for BluRay or 4K+ even frame-by-frame if budgets allow... but for TNA, Canal claimed to not even be able to locate the negatives for the series!!!! I hope they have now.
SURELY, someone has first/second gen negatives for TNA....maybe Clemmons estate might have 'em etc......