The Superlative Seven

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Seven

Post by mousemeat »

Strange Young Man wrote:I can't identify anything particularly offensive about The Superlative Seven, but I can't find anything particularly good either. That's the problem with it for me- it's just dull and uninteresting.
I would concur with the above as well...but to others, it was a interesting episode..which is one of the reasons, this forum is so good..
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

dissolute wrote:
Darren wrote:... even if Emma is missing (she certainly makes an impact when she appears in that red catsuit).
Darren, you must be colour blind, or the contrast on your TV is way too high - the catsuit is clearly orange and season 5 is not known for being 'pastel' - that's Miami Vice :)
Yes, thank you for pointing that out :D. I am in fact colour blind.

I use pastelly as being washed out and misty. It really puts me off many of the episodes in the early part of the season (even if I liked that many any way).
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

The colour discussion we have had years ago on another 'forum' and men and women saw it as different colours - men in this discussion saw it as red and women saw it as orange. For me it is red :shock:
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

DiVicenzo wrote:The colour discussion we have had years ago on another 'forum' and men and women saw it as different colours - men in this discussion saw it as red and women saw it as orange. For me it is red :shock:
Really? Well I'm following the trend, then, because it looked orange to me. And not even a kinda reddy-orange, but a really tangerine orange. That's strange (although not as weird as Emma's magical colour changing catsuit in Murdersville--all the shots with her in the car look like she's wearing another outfit entirely!).
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:The colour discussion we have had years ago on another 'forum' and men and women saw it as different colours - men in this discussion saw it as red and women saw it as orange. For me it is red :shock:
Really? Well I'm following the trend, then, because it looked orange to me. And not even a kinda reddy-orange, but a really tangerine orange. That's strange (although not as weird as Emma's magical colour changing catsuit in Murdersville--all the shots with her in the car look like she's wearing another outfit entirely!).
In Murdersville she's definitely wearing different outfits. In most shots she's wearing purple, but in the shots in the car she's wearing red.
Massive continuity error
Strange Young Man
Little Wonder

Post by Strange Young Man »

If I recall correctly the outfit only changes colour when we see interior shots of Emma in her car. I think it is due to the rear projection technique they use which alters the appearance of the suit rather than Diana accidentally wearing the wrong colour- which would be a pretty big miss-hap to go unnoticed.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Strange Young Man wrote:If I recall correctly the outfit only changes colour when we see interior shots of Emma in her car. I think it is due to the rear projection technique they use which alters the appearance of the suit rather than Diana accidentally wearing the wrong colour- which would be a pretty big miss-hap to go unnoticed.
It looks like something like that (and it is only in the car shots), but that's a massive colour distortion that I'm surprised they couldn't correct for, even a bit. It makes the episode a bit disconcerting to watch, particularly as she gets in and out of the car several times so you have plenty of opportunities to watch it switch back and forth. I thought I was losing it the first time I watched the episode ("Purple! I could swear it was purple a minute ago!")
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Philippa wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
In Murdersville she's definitely wearing different outfits. In most shots she's wearing purple, but in the shots in the car she's wearing red.
Massive continuity error

I think that is because of the back-filming - I believe it is the same outfit.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

OOPs! Someone just said that! I suppose we didn't notice it the first time it was broadcast as it was in b&w in the UK....
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

Strange Young Man wrote:I can't identify anything particularly offensive about The Superlative Seven, but I can't find anything particularly good either. That's the problem with it for me- it's just dull and uninteresting.
Are we talking about the same episode :shock:

I can understand people not liking it, but describing something different then what it actually shown is a bit odd.