Avengerwear

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Faaabulous! Thanks!
I tried to upload a photo but couldn't find the way to do it...
Download pics off the net to your pc, upload same pics to something like Photobucket or Flickr, then cut and paste the code (the one that begins with [IMG]) and hey presto!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Allard wrote:Fashion is an important part of the Avengers, the hip and modern Mrs. Peel and the classic Steed.

I like Emma's modern clothes but I also like the bit more conventional stylish clothes.

This is a personal favourite of mine, she looks very attractive in it:
Great choices, Allard! :)

The Avengers has some of the best fashion of any TV show ever. A few of my favorites are:

Allen
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

kim wrote:Funny, but I never really paid much attention to the women's fashions on the show. Probably because I was too busy looking at the men :D ...ahem...Anyway, I agree that Purdey and Tara were given some horrible outfits especially Tara during the time she was at her heaviest. Why such loud and wide colors when more subtle colors and trims would have made her appear much thinner. Slacks didn't suit her at all and she had fantastic legs, so why not more of the skirts...that tartan one she wore in Have Guns Will Haggle was perfect.
I remember when I first started watching the series how much I loved looking at Emma's clothes. She's one of the best-dressed characters on TV, no mistake. I'd happily nick most of her wardrobe. In contrast, when I'm watching TNA, I find myself wishing that Purdey would get out of the way so I can see what Gambit's wearing (or see Gambit, period, really. *ahem* :wink: ). This is a sign that you're not dressing your female star to the best of your ability. Steed's suits are wonderfully made, but a suit is a suit, and I find I don't pay as much attention. But they both have great wardrobes--one of the best-dressed pairs on TV. Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist are the only others that come to mind at this moment.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Faaabulous! Thanks!
I tried to upload a photo but couldn't find the way to do it...
Download pics off the net to your pc, upload same pics to something like Photobucket or Flickr, then cut and paste the code (the one that begins with [IMG]) and hey presto!
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Artanis wrote:
Allard wrote:Fashion is an important part of the Avengers, the hip and modern Mrs. Peel and the classic Steed.

I like Emma's modern clothes but I also like the bit more conventional stylish clothes.

This is a personal favourite of mine, she looks very attractive in it:
Great choices, Allard! :)

The Avengers has some of the best fashion of any TV show ever. A few of my favorites are:

I love the cut-out outfit from 'The Fear Merchants' and that kilt or tartan outfit that Tara wears as well as that coat too. She looks great dressed as the pussycat too!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I like the PVC from Surfeit but I notice on-screen it's a size or two smaller than in the production stills, Diana must have had to hold her breath to get into it.
I wonder if it shrunk? Does PVC do that?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

waldotyson wrote:
Allard wrote:

And maybe I'm being a typical dirty male here but this one is really sexy:

:twisted: hee hee hee hee. Yes indeed it is!

The leather and PVC bit from "surfeit of H2O" is also downright SEXY!
great photo...lip smacking good ! robin hood and his merry men, (err woman ) indeed.....
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Allard wrote:Image

I really love this dress
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I like the PVC mac and beret that goes with the vest and pants too. They still look completely up-to-date and stylish.

ImageImage

I should have really credited the designer - John Bates.
Bates did a fine job, with little or no real budget, from what I've read..

the monochrome episodes look smashing in terms of the clothes wored
by both Steed and Emma....in colour, something seems to be lacking,
but it's probably just me..
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

All the examples I've posted (and I could have made many more) have a monochromed theme which was in keeping with the black and white episodes. I'm not sure how they would have worked in the colour ones.

I tend to agree that, the Emmapeelers apart*, the wardrobe from the colour episodes weren't as good. Tara and Purdey wore more high street fashions than anything Avengerish.

*Of which this is a good example, and worth repeating...

THE AVENGERS GALLERY