Videotaped Episodes

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Videotaped Episodes

Post by Frankymole »

Elle wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:09 pm That always puzzled me as well. Almost any time that sample episodes of anything were ever shown, you were left scratching your head as to why X was screened over many more obvious choices! That brings up an interesting topic though: if a sample episode of The Avengers was going to be shown as a best illustration of the series (this would have happened on ITV in days past, although the scenario wouldn't occur these days), which one would people choose?
I think even though, say, an episode like The House That Jack Built or The Joker would demonstrate why the series was so cutting-edge, with a female lead character who totally kicks butt (and a hefty dose of something like surrealism, to boot), it would not be representative.... it needs one with both Steed and Emma in fairly equal measure, interacting. Which is harder to choose a good example of.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Elle
Nutshell

Re: Videotaped Episodes

Post by Elle »

Yes, probably something like Town Of No Return (from series 4) or From Venus With Love (from series 5) would serve quite well in that respect, I suppose.