Can somebody explain me...?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
BitShifter
Thingumajig

Re: get together?

Post by BitShifter »

mousemeat wrote: as for TIN TIN, it's totally a UK thing..americans just don't get it..
Interesting. By coincidence, I just happened to read every single one of the Tintin stories this Spring, starting with Tintin In America, and finishing up with the Picaros. The English translations I read (I understand Herge redrew some of the installments) seemed very much like any action-oriented comic here in America. I first became familiar with Tintin in the early 1970's, when the magazine Children's Digest that I subscribed to serialized "Tintin in Tibet" and "Flight 714." For a European comic, Tintin really didn't spend all that much time in Europe, usually winding up on the Moon, or the High Seas, or South America, or China... Ask any American comic/manga otaku, we all know Tintin. Sitting on my bookshelf at this moment are hardback editions of Tibet, Red Rackham's Treasure, Blue Lotus, and Secret Of the Unicorn...
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Allard wrote:Although I don't consider myself a fan I can still enjoy a Carl Barks story very much.
Carl Barks' stuff is timeless--Disney owes him a great deal for all the characters and stories he churned out in the sixties (and later with his oil paintings).

If you like the Barks stories, I highly, highly recommend you track down some of Don Rosa's work. He's more or less Barks' heir, and his art and writing are nothing short of spectacular. And his stuff is quite a bit more mature in terms of characterization. Impeccably researched--everything is historically accurate, and chock full of references to films and other popular culture (including, you guessed it, The Avengers. There's a little nod to The Strange Case of the Missing Corpse, which I really should have reminded Don of when I met him).
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14