The Official 2009 Avengers Calendar

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Allard wrote:
jaz wrote:
Allard wrote: Yes but it's the same facts every year over again.
Yes I understand what you're saying. I shall have to try and get some more facts into next years.

This wasn't meant in a negative way really. I'm just the tiniest bit frustated that the date numbers are always so small. I have to creep up within inches of the calendar to read the date number, when I want to be able to read them from across the room. Sorry I was taking it out on the trivia. I love the Avengers calendar with it's treasury of images every year.
I didn't take this in a negative way - in fact I really welcome all the feedback about the calendar both in a (the) positive/negative (man) way.
As for the date numbers being small I'll also bear this in mind for next year. Constructive criticism is always welcome and please feel free to air it here or email me personally.

Thanks

jaz
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

DiVicenzo wrote:Just to let you know that at play.com you can buy the calendar for a fiver including postage! It's a bargain! It's due to be released October 1st!

Well, finally my Avengers 2009 calendars have been posted today from play.com - only 36 days after they were supposed to be. But, now they are in stock and still over a fiver :D
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Received mine in the post a few weeks ago. I love the photos. I now regret never having bought one in previous years. Does anyone know if The Hour that Never Was has ever featured on one of the full page photos? Also, is there anywhere where one can buy large photos of stills from episodes?
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Rodney wrote:Received mine in the post a few weeks ago. I love the photos. I now regret never having bought one in previous years. Does anyone know if The Hour that Never Was has ever featured on one of the full page photos? Also, is there anywhere where one can buy large photos of stills from episodes?
I am not sure but can look Rodney and you can buy back-issues at play.com :D
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Rodney wrote:Received mine in the post a few weeks ago. I love the photos. I now regret never having bought one in previous years. Does anyone know if The Hour that Never Was has ever featured on one of the full page photos? Also, is there anywhere where one can buy large photos of stills from episodes?
Hi Rodney,

The Hour That Never Was is one of those episodes were there appears to be very few stills available in the Canal + archive.

cheers

Jaz
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

DiVicenzo wrote:you can buy back-issues at play.com :D
Last year was the first time I bought one too - I don't normally go in for calendars, but this was marvellous. When funds allow I'll certainly be scouring the web for the previous ones!
Last watched: "Concerto"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

jaz wrote:
Hi Rodney,

The Hour That Never Was is one of those episodes were there appears to be very few stills available in the Canal + archive.

cheers

Jaz
fiddle de dee, there was a whole photo shoot done on the set - in colour - which shows Diana's outfit to be pink and grey - are they owned by one of the other photo libraries?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

dissolute wrote:
jaz wrote:
Hi Rodney,

cheers

Jaz
fiddle de dee, there was a whole photo shoot done on the set - in colour - which shows Diana's outfit to be pink and grey - are they owned by one of the other photo libraries?
Yes I'm aware of some of those images being available from moviemarket.co.uk - trouble is that they are not very good copies and wouldn't look that good blown up and reproduced. None of the photo archive I've visited or searched have any colour stuff from The Hour That Never Was. Damn shame!!!!
Anthony McKay
Little Wonder

Post by Anthony McKay »

I've just noticed a mis-caption on a photo on the May page.

"Patrick Macnee with the 1927 Rolls Royce New Phantom Tourer MK1 Used in Four Episodes of the Thorson Season"

Would be better captioned.

"Patrick Macnee poses with a 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom MKII Tourer at Pinewood Studios"

This car, registration GC 200, was not used in the series and you can see the Pinewood gatehouse in the background.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Anthony McKay wrote:I've just noticed a mis-caption on a photo on the May page.

"Patrick Macnee with the 1927 Rolls Royce New Phantom Tourer MK1 Used in Four Episodes of the Thorson Season"

Would be better captioned.

"Patrick Macnee poses with a 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom MKII Tourer at Pinewood Studios"

This car, registration GC 200, was not used in the series and you can see the Pinewood gatehouse in the background.
Damn! and double Damn! At least I'll be able to caption it right in the future now that I've found the same shot in glorious colour!

Thanks for pointing it out Tony... hope all's well in NZ